JWs - Prudes or not Prudes?

by Spectrum 23 Replies latest social relationships

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

I was looking at JWConnections out of curiosity thinking I'd find a selection of prudish JW women but was shocked to find that some of these women don't look prudish at all. They'ed probably give worldly women a run for their money. Maybe things are changing.

Also(slight digression), I thought JWs weren't meant to use the internet nevermind have a dating service, so I was led to believe on this site. Whose been telling porkies JWs or JWDs?

http://www.jwconnections.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/JWDate.woa/wo/10.0.8.3.0.14.2.1.7.2.3

• skyman
    skyman

I have know several Sister's that have used the internet this way.

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka
    Also(slight digression), I thought JWs weren't meant to use the internet nevermind have a dating service, so I was led to believe on this site.
    I have know several Sister's that have used the internet this way.

Heh, I live in Newfoundland, my JW boyfriend lives in Oregon, how do you think we met?? Granted, it wasn't a "dating site" that we met through, but still, we met on the Internet.

-Becka :)

• luna2
    luna2

My personal opinion is that there are many sisters who resent the WTS for the difficulty they have in finding a husband within the "truth". This resentment causes them to disregard the direction from on high about using the internet. I guess this could be true for shy brothers too...although I think men have a lot easier time finding a JW spouse than the ladies do.

As for the prude/not prude question...I don't think I'm completely clear about what you mean by prude. If they were too prudish, would they be looking for love online?

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

ha ha ha,

I just looked there, and know one of them.. so funny

• greendawn
    greendawn

The JWs are prudes in the sense that they keep victorian age standards of morality and judge themselves and others according to these.

• G Money
    G Money

The nigerian sister is hot, hot hot!!! I'd go back to meetings for her, well just to meet her then I'd stop going.

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

Luna
    "My personal opinion is that there are many sisters who resent the WTS for the difficulty they have in finding a husband within the "truth". This resentment causes them to disregard the direction from on high about using the internet."
    Why are they finding it difficult? Is it because they are expected to be less forward with men than worldly women are?
    "As for the prude/not prude question...I don't think I'm completely clear about what you mean by prude. If they were too prudish, would they be looking for love online?"
    Not really. Not prudish meaning they exhibit sexiness. Some of the poses on that site are suggestive especially the one hugging the rock, I really wouldn't have expected that.

G Money,
    "The nigerian sister is hot, hot hot!!!"
    Amen to that. The antidote to your worldly Jezebels!!

Greendawn,
    "The JWs are prudes in the sense that they keep victorian age standards of morality and judge themselves and others according to these."
    Yes but my point is, pasting yourself on the internet like that doesn't suggest victorian age standards and some of them show suggestive poses. I'm just wondering if JWs are moving away from the stiff standards of the past.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism
    Also(slight digression), I thought JWs weren't meant to use the internet nevermind have a dating service, so I was led to believe on this site. Whose been telling porkies JWs or JWDs?

First off, there's no actual rule against using the Internet. It's okay to use it to shop online, to send e-mail, etc. they're just not supposed to go to any websites about Jehovah's Witnesses, other than the official ones.

But a fair number of JWs do it anyway. They're usually the 'marginal' or 'unspiritual' ones, but not always. I used to run a JW website called JWZone when I was a ministerial servant and pioneer. And although it wasn't a dating site, I did meet my wife on it. To keep the "apostates" out, however, we only allowed people to register if they were known by an existing member.

I actually had an idea for creating an online chain-of-referrals site (I guess kind of like Friendster, although I didn't know about it at the time) where you could identify people whom you knew were JWs, and they could identify people whom they knew, etc. I left before I ever got to implement it.

• blondie
    blondie

I guess it depends where you live. I always found the majority of women in this area to be quite fashionable but classic. There are always old balls that looked like they escaped from an Amish farm. Others would dye their hair, get perms, hairstyles at the salon, put make up on nicely. I did notice that sisters from farm congregations not near any large population centers could be a little dowdy (seen at the cricuit assembly) in comparison to the sisters in large cities. I have seen quite a few sisters too that were pretty enough to be models.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit