JWs - Prudes or not Prudes?

by Spectrum 23 Replies latest social relationships

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

Blondie,

Apart from the Amish wannabes are the rest of them prudish?

• serendipity
    serendipity

In 2004, I met a brother from one of those JW dating sites. He told me some mildly shocking stories. Granted they were tame by "wordly standards" but I thought sisters wouldn't flaunt their sexuality quite that way, at least not right off the bat.

As I browsed the profiles, I was surprised that the women would talk about their "DD"'s or include photos of themself in profile to display their wares. There were a few who mentioned how much they enjoyed the "marital due" or how important passion or "sensuality" was to them, among other euphemisms for sex.

Interestingly enough, there were a few 'brothers' who also mentioned the importance of sex (no beating around the bush there) but none of them mentioned their endowments. A few did allude to their material success though.

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

serendipity
    "Interestingly enough, there were a few 'brothers' who also mentioned the importance of sex (no beating around the bush there)"
    Maybe it is because they don't want to end up with a prude. Boys will be boys and we like our sex served hot.
    I understand how they feel because I was trying to date a muslim girl who was really playing hard to get. A real prude. Even my suggestion to go for a walk in the park was too much for her. She wasn't into islam, she didn't even know how to pray. If you are wondering she was definitely interested in me. When a couple of times I showed interest in other girls she flipped on those girls.

• blondie
    blondie

Spectrum, I felt that except for a few, JW women dressed quite nicely, based on their income of course, I didn't think they stood out that much from the average range of women. Of course, not all women wear skirts up to their rears, and 3 inch high heels, only the CO wiives did (smile). I notice that some had 2 wardrobes, one for just at the KH and one for platform assignments. They wore makeup, jewelry, had nice hair, dyed, nails manicured weekly with nail polish, etc.

If any dowdiness was present, it was more likely that the women in the general communtiy dressed a little dowdy, not just the sisters. I noticed that the sisters in large cities such as Chicago were more stylish but then the women in general were more stylish.

Blondie

• wednesday
    wednesday

Really just to "ditto" what Blondie said.

Most of the sisters where I live dress very well. ..Only occ do I see a sis who looks like a "holy roller" as we used to call them down south. Money being the biggest factor in what they wear and ability to afford salon care.

I've heard brothers say the calif. sisters wree "hot" .Which just proves men (even jws men) like stylish women and they like are the 'trappings" Here in the Bible belt, many women tend to dress very plainly. The church of Christ is big here and they tend to be a bit dowdy. Baptists are huge here, and they dress very well, esp the city baptists.

When I was growing up we dressed as stylish as we could afford, but as far as morals, which I think is what you mean by prudish, we were generally very proper. Doing something improper could ruin your reputation for life here (even among the "world " here) .

.Someone asked why the jws women would have trouble finding a mate .It is b/c there tends to be a lot more women in the org than men. The men really have their "pick" as they say. A women gets picked usually if she is pretty, slim and it helps to have an elder in the family or your family have money. But if you are pretty, you should not have a problem finding a mate. the older sisters really have a hard time. Even if they can find an older single male, he is looking for a young pretty female.. So we have a number of 50-60 + yr old men marrried to 20-30 yr old women. Harldy ever see the reverse.

weds

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

wednesday,
    "Someone asked why the jws women would have trouble finding a mate .It is b/c there tends to be a lot more women in the org than men. The men really have their "pick" as they say. A women gets picked usually if she is pretty, slim and it helps to have an elder in the family or your family have money. But if you are pretty, you should not have a problem finding a mate. the older sisters really have a hard time. Even if they can find an older single male, he is looking for a young pretty female.. So we have a number of 50-60 + yr old men marrried to 20-30 yr old women. Harldy ever see the reverse."
    So when it comes to doctrine they are very different from the rest of us (death and damnation and all that) but when it comes to looks and money they are exactly the same as the world.
    I know I lost a JW girl to a richer man, but now I'm very thankful that it worked out that way.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Spectrum

They'ed probably give worldly women a run for their money. Maybe things are changing.

Have you actually dated and lived with 'wordly' women? I sure as hell noticed a difference, but maybe I should have sniffed after Ruth Rochester a little more, or gone for a teen pioneer instead of a ten-year older reinstated Witness, and 'trained them up' proper. But then I was sexually inexperienced and clueless, so what would I have known?... although NOW I could really have fun... come here Sister, I want to show you my new presentation...

LOL. As far as JW women go, for a start you'll probably end up with;

a/ someone who is a good little JW, so say good bye to blow jobs and a sexually experienced partner and or one who feels comfortable with their own body.

b/ someone who is a bad little JW, who has masturbated, necked, petted, sucked and acted pretty much like a normal person whilst developing a sexual identity, but who still can't break away from a toxic and damaging cult.

Wow, what a great choice!!!

What's with the cultic loaded language by the way? That little weasel word 'worldy' is JW shorthand for 'bad, wrong, to be avoided'. Do you still think that way or does your vocabulary need to catch up?

PS; answer to evolution thread?

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

Abaddon,
    Hope you enjoyed your holidays. I took it easy this NYE because last year I was told I passed out about 1 minute past midnight and missed the rest of the fun! I didn't realise that drinking half a bottle of Cognac could do that to you.

First off, I use the word worldy as is perceived by JWs, and not that I perceive non-JWs as untouchables. I could use the word normal instead but then I'd be implying that JWs are abnormal! I imagine it would suit some people here!

"Have you actually dated and lived with 'wordly' women?"
    Oh yes, but I always went for the less forward ones which meant no nooky. Couldn't bring myself to do it anyway until I excorcised enough JW-demons which took a decade after leaving. The girl I did end up with was keen with no hang-ups from her side.
    I was trying to see how far I could take it with the muslim girl I mentioned earlier. She totally reminded me of me and I wanted to snap her out of it. She was totally jealous of girls that she thought would be willing to do it with me and warded them off but she still wouldn't give it up. Damn!!
    I think if a JW guy wants decent action then he has got to go for choice b/ (bad little JW).
    I know my JW sister is a real prude who married a JW with a strong sex drive, for which as a 20 something guy almost got disfellowshipped for. He wanted choice a/ good little JW and both have paid the price for this incompatibility now stretching 20 years - nightmare.

"PS; answer to evolution thread?"
    Certainly, but I've lost track. Which is it?

• Clam
    Clam

pmsl @

say good bye to blow jobs
  • serendipity
    serendipity

Hi Wednesday,

Watch the generalizations that pretty young sisters can find a mate. There were plenty of PYT (pretty young thangs) in our congregations over the years who chose not to settle for the slim pickings in the congregation. I was just talking to a 29 year old pretty, outgoing, nice, buxom blue eyed blond, who has worldly guys running across parking lots to meet her. The male JWs are either unappealing to her or uninterested in her. And there are some very pretty JWs in my congregation who have not found anyone, probably because they are college-educated/very intelligent.

I hope these girls look outside the cong. before they get too old to have children.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit