Don't you just hate...

by Eyebrow2 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

when you made a well though out post, and you accidently go back a page and lose it???

ARGHHHH....

well, I might as well waste a topic on fluff.

What do you hate?

• Highlander
    Highlander

I love that my inactive jw dad is a better christian and more law abiding person than my active jw family members are.

I hate that those same active jw family members think my dad is evil for not going to meetings.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I've had that happen and I hate it, too.

So this is what I do: I hi-light and copy my entire post before I hit submit or the back button. Though it doesn't happen often that I lose a post, I realize that by pressing the submit button, I'm taking the risk that my post will disappear.

Some people write their posts in a word pad or e-mail form, then copy them to the post form.

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

I use notepad sometimes....I should do it more! hahah

I also hate it when I cut up jalapenos for chili, and then get some in my eye...did that tonight...ARGH!!!

• prophecor
    prophecor

Damn it, I just did that Eyebrow. I had to write it all out, all over again. I even tried to save it as I saw it was going to be a problem being posted. It just took forever to get off the ground. I hit copy, just in case it got lost, but to no avail. I wound up copying something else, forgetting that I'd copied my response to resend, and........... strait into the ether world.

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy
    So this is what I do: I hi-light and copy my entire post before I hit submit or the back button.

I thought I was the only one!

I only do that with long posts though. It seems like after you lose a long, well-thought out post it's impossible to remember what you wrote. And if you do remember it you can never word it the same way...

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Okay, this just happened to me. I copied my post and hit submit and got an error window. I lost the post. But here it is:

I hate it when people are too impatient to wait for a safe opening in traffic, so that they can make a left hand turn out of a parking lot. That is when they zoom out into the center turn lane and scare other drivers. Sometimes it looks as if the driver doesn't notice you coming and is going to collide with you. So, you swerve to your right to avoid a collision. They stop suddenly in the turn lane to your left and you nearly hit the person coming up on your right.

Michigan drivers seem to do this more than any other state I've lived in or visited, even NYC. Another thing a lot of them do is zig zag across parking lots at high speeds. They are polite and mannerly face to face and rarely assertive, but when they get behind the wheel, their aggression can no longer be contained. I find the drivers in NYC to be more courteous than here.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

that was a good trick eyebrow2, you got highlander involved!

Welcome highlander, it sounds like your dad is the one providing the good example in your family. What's going on?

Pete.

• Highlander
    Highlander

Hey Pete,

I must say I love this DB.

Dad was an elder/pioneer and he slowly drifted and is inactive,, he won't discuss it but I've been told he was very upset regarding some judicial committees he was involved with where dad disagreed with the elder body. Years later at least one of the elders invovled admitted that dad was completely right and the rest of the elder body was just following the rules even though it was obviously wrong.

Anways, my dad is the type of person that won't even drive faster than the speed limit let alone do anything wrong.

The rest of the family? Well, we're all just like anyone else of the 'world' BTW I'm inactive by WBTS standards, but I'm active in god's eyes and that's all that matters to me.

I have a huge family, probably 100 witnesses,, it gets a bit sickening at times.

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2
    that was a good trick eyebrow2, you got highlander involved!

I am here to serve. Welcome highlander!

Flying...it is funny, isn't it, how being behind the wheel can just bring out the worst in people sometimes? When I lived up north I would sometimes drive to Boston, and get cut off by an old lady now and then yelling at me...down here in TX people don't use their blinkers. Apparantly there is a shorter of blinker electricity, and 95% of Texans have decided they need to conserve blinker energy.

I hate it when you are riding your bike and some boob yells out a car window: get on the sidewalk!

I also hate it when there is no bike rack to lock up your bike at a SPORTING goods store that sells bikes...WTF??? Where I live isn't very bike commuter friendly, well not in the shopping plazas at least. I guess they don't want kids riding their bikes in the parking lot, so if they post the No bikes, no skateboard signs they feel they cannot have a bike rack. Crazy I tell you.

Well...I am done ranting...my eyeball feels better..I think I can finally go to bed..I hope my husband didn't hog the pillows...I HATE that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit