Death and Destruction

by NowImFree 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• NowImFree
    NowImFree

I'm new to this board, only my second time posting, and I have been out of the organization officially since I disassociated about 3 years ago. I have seen so many bad things in my time as a witness, my disfellowshipped oldest brother committed suicide, prior to that he was terribly shunned by my family, my other brother and sister didn't talk to him for probably 10 years. Two children in my family have been molested by the sons of JW elders in two U.S. states and in both cases the parents were told to not go to the police. (So when I saw the Dateline program I knew these people were telling the truth.) My parents divorced because of the witnesses, my mother became a witness when I was 2 and my father never bought into it, which caused marital problems between them. My father was not allowed to take us to church or to celebrate the holidays or anything. These are just some of the things that have happened in just my family.

Then you have worldwide, all the adults and children that have died because of the ban on blood transfusions. You have all the people that have committed suicide because of the shunning, then you have all the destroyed families because of shunning and divorce when one spouse isn't a JW or leaves the JWs. When you really think about it, it is so sad and disgusting. The bible talks about false prophets and how you will know them by their fruits. The fruit of the WTS is rotten to the core, when you really look at what happens to people, not just the false image the organization tries to portray. I have just been thinking about all this lately and I can't believe I didn't see it sooner. I honestly can't believe the media have not exposed more about all the people that have died, especially children because of the blood ban. I keep thinking that something more is going to happen with this, maybe due to the legal document that just come out, but even before that I kept thinking that this is what will bring them down and show them for what they are (a dangerous and destructive cult). What do you think?

NowImFree

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Welcome to the board! I think your experiences embody just about everyone's on this forum, and I'm so sorry you have had so much tragedy touch your family -- it is really sad how many lives have been ruined or terminated because of the so-called "truth." My dad committed suicide three years ago because of how badly the elders in his congregation treated him, so I do sympathize with your loss.

Hugs,

Nina

• skyman
    skyman

It is sad very sad. I do think the blood stand will take them down it is so clear they are dangerous.

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

Glad you found us. We all will be able to stand together hand in hand and arm in arm just watching the WTS go down. Write when you are able. Ask Questions, Vent, whatever you need. we're here for you.

IBAT

• serendipity
    serendipity

((( NowI'mFree ))).

Welcome to the forum! I'll just ditto what Nina said. I'm sorry for your losses. The WTS has loosened the stance on blood, now allowing fractions. It wouldn't surprise me if in 10 years or so, there will be more "new light". Every major change will erode the WTS' credibility and cause losses. Every expose will do the same. The cumulative effect of many events and changes could have a huge impact. Time will tell.

• NowImFree
    NowImFree

Nina,

• NowImFree
    NowImFree

Oops, I just meant to post but I sent it without saying anything. Nina, sorry to hear about your dad. How terrible, I am so sorry. They have caused so much pain for so many people.

Since leaving the organization, I started going to a non-denominational Christian church. I never lost my faith in God, I just totally realized that the WTS was not from God and that he wasn't there at all. I was raised as a JW so I only knew what the WTS had said about churches. I was terrified the first time I went to one but I knew I needed something. I was really shocked and surprized (pleasantly). I am not saying all are great, I know some are much better than others. The one I found is a good one. I was just so shocked at finding so many really nice people, who really had a strong faith and helped the poor and did all kinds of things for people, not because they have to but because that want to. It was very eye opening and refreshing. I have been going ever since, (not because I have to, but because I want to). I know some that have left the org are turned off on religion. It seems like that is one of the most common reactions to feeling so deceived. I actually think the WTS is influenced by Satan, not God. Is that a shock to some of you or do alot of you agree?

I just amazes me that I believed all the garbage the WTS says about "wordly" people and how they condemn everyone. I have met so many good true friends since I have been out. I feel ashamed sometimes of how I could have believed them for half my life instead of having doubts for so many years but never checking things out for myself.

Have most of you had similar experiences with realizing how many good people there are outside the organization, much truer than most of the friends you had inside?

NowImFree

• NowImFree
    NowImFree

Something else I forgot to mention. I feel like I am reliving my life. I am doing things over the past three years that I was never ever able to do because I was raised as a witness. Like celebrating my sons birthdays, even though they are young adults, we are still getting a kick out of all this. And Christmas, I have really been enjoying putting up a nativity scene, buying ornaments and arranging them on my tree, and Christmas candles, buying gifts for people, going to sing Christmas carols at Church (very uplifting for me) I cried through it because I was so emotional because I had never felt the meaning in the songs until the last couple of years. I think it has really been huge for me because I never got to do any of these things, like any of us who were raised as JWs.

NowImFree

• Carmel
    Carmel

Welcome free! Well not totally free if you're still saddled with the "bad god" idea.

carmel

• Carmel
    Carmel

Welcome free! Well not totally free if you're still saddled with the "bad god" idea.

carmel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit