More/Less Control? (WTS Lost Workers'Comp Case; 1500 Bethelites Sent Home)

by wanda 14 Replies latest jw friends

• wanda
    wanda

What do you think? Will Ted Jaracz and his boys now get more control or less control over the lives of grassroots JWs? And how so? Comments welcome!

• Honesty
    Honesty

1500 pissed off Bethelites returning to their home congregations are going to be looking for revenge. Unfortunately, I believe the r&f will be their targets. Snitching and gossipping will be on the increase in the houses of the FDS.

• serendipity
    serendipity

If the WTS loses the appeal, it wouldn't surprise me if JWs were reminded not to take their brothers to court. To emphasize the importance, the threat of df'ing may be added.

• Forscher
    Forscher

Serendipity has a good point there!

Forscher

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

honesty you hit the nail on the head. You are letting all these Bethelites out " to be active in the field" they are gonna be dogging the R&F out. You have to look at the mentality of those leaving. 15-30 year bethelites who were just biding their time til they can be a bethel heavy. And then when they were right on the cusp, they are told to go home. Thats a pyschological trauma bethelites arent able to deal with. I wont even get into the finding a job thing.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

What's the story? I missed this one. I do so love the gossip.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Okay, this story keeps growing. The first time I heard it they were sending home 400. Then 1200. Then 1400. Now 1500.

Where are these numbers coming from? Not being peevish, but I really want to know. Are they adding more people to the list to shipped out?

AuldSoul

• belbab
    belbab

A while ago, Barbara Anderson, in a discussion about "Nethinim helpers" mentionned in passing that when the appointments were made, there was a lot of disgruntled pizzed off heavies that manifested their displeasure of not being members of the select few.

Now these 1500 dismissees, who were seated in the front pews, in the warmth and comfort with the elite faithful and discreet slave, suddenly find themselves shipped out to the frozen tundra, the boondocks, the hot, steamy jungles, to where the need is great, to the tough assigments; that these ones are going to accept their assignments as a promotion and exhibit the Joy of the Lord?

How long will they wear the Bethel Glow? How much glory does the rank and file bestow on poor insignificant ex-bethelites. In the eyes of the publishers they will have been demoted no matter how much the Society tells them and the flock that it is all for Big Jah.

belbab

• orbison11
    orbison11

sorry if this was posted before

i was just wondering,,will those who are being sent back to the field:) have to fend for themselves like a reg publisher...ie get a job, pay rent, get a 4 door car, etc?

if so, that truly will be so very hard for them,,,not much call for a 3 piece-suit janitor.... have any heard any info regarding that angle?

thanks

orbi.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Fact: ones being sent home are going to consist primarily of "middle-weights."
    Speculation: It is my feeling that most of those being sent home are medical high-risk types, such as anyone with a history of major illness, diabetes, etc. During your orientation as a new Bethelite, you are instructed to write down your entire medical history and that of your family. So they have all this on file including anything that might give you a reason to sue if something goes wrong and they might want to send you home. I think this whole thing is just designed to sift out all the middle-weights and reduce Bethel to two classes: the grunts, newboys; and the heavies, fat cats, sitting back in their leather chair, sipping on their carefully-hidden scotch from their mahoganny desk.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit