More/Less Control? (WTS Lost Workers'Comp Case; 1500 Bethelites Sent Home)

by wanda 14 Replies latest jw friends

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

"i was just wondering,,will those who are being sent back to the field:) have to fend for themselves like a reg publisher...ie get a job, pay rent, get a 4 door car, etc?"

It depends on what their status is. If they are sent out as "special pioneers" than they get a small monthly stipend of like a few hundred bucks or something. But they get nothing if they are a substitute CO, or regular pioneer. Of course, if they are sent to a foriegn Bethel, their benefits and status remain the same as "special full-time vollunteers."

• sf
    sf
    A while ago, Barbara Anderson, in a discussion about "Nethinim helpers"

The “Given Ones,” Jehovah’s Provision? by Barbara Anderson [ click me ]

sKally

• geevee
    geevee

Like many, I have seen several CO's finish their tours of duty. They then have to settle back into congregations as a normal pleb, except these guys are used to throwing their weight around and being all "manly". Their wives have been bitches to people and now they have to be nice because thay have lost their status.

Some publishers still push a few dollars into their hands for a while, but eventually these ex co's cant do that much for the up and coming young gun ms or elder, so the fade into history.

One previous quote: "How much glory does the rank and file bestow on poor insignificant ex-bethelites. In the eyes of the publishers they will have been demoted no matter how much the Society tells them and the flock that it is all for Big Jah.

They are all new and exciting, but before long every one has a gutful for them. These guys are usually big rule book pedlars.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

JW's I know are being told that Bethellites are still given housing (in bethel or KH).

They are being used for the most important work of preaching in which is very needed these last days

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

"In the eyes of the publishers they will have been demoted no matter how much the Society tells them and the flock that it is all for Big Jah."

I have to disagree. The majority of the Bethelites that will be leaving are middle-weights and as such have about 8-15 years of Bethel experience. Average jw idealists will be starstruck with these former Bethelites in their midst.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit