Another stupid blunder by the WTBTS.

by gumby 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• greendawn
    greendawn

This is a dodgy move but still I can't understand what they will gain through this move, why did they change the original formula?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

It binds their adherants to them with vows before "God".

Power seems to be the motive...

• gumby
    gumby

SuperBecka,

Nice work, Gumby!! Thanks for the info. The more I read about JWs and their beliefs and the WTS, the harder it is for me to believe that there are people who actually swallow this stuff and believe it whole-heartedly.

People like yourself are the reason I and others take the time to inform the un-informed about Jehovahs Witnesses . It boggles my mind of the NUMBER of un-informed current witnesses there are concerning the WTBTS teachings......past and present. Witnesses who have been witnesses for 50 years are simply clueless to many or most of the Societys blunders, lies, and deceptions.

Gumby

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka

Gumby said:

People like yourself are the reason I and others take the time to inform the un-informed about Jehovahs Witnesses .

And you guys, the people who take the time and make the effort to tell the truth (ooo, sorry about the bad pun ) about Jehovah's Witnesses, are the reason that so many of us non-JWs will never EVER become JWs. I never considered becoming one anyway, I enjoy my holidays too much for that, but it's the information presented in places like JWD that cements my decision, and the decision of so many others out there who have come into contact with the JWs.

We really don't say it enough around here, but thanks so much for all of your time and effort into this information-gathering and presenting. That goes for Gumby and everyone else who makes the effort to keep all of us non-JWs informed about the workings of the WTS. You guys (and girls, too) all deserve a round of applause for your hard work!!

You all have my deepest and most sincerest thanks!! I can't imagine what I'd do without the people on this board to help me with my research and learning about the flaws of the WTS, and I'm sure many others on the board feel the same way!!

Thanks everyone!!

-Becka :)

• Sheepish
    Sheepish
    Nice work, Gumby!! Thanks for the info. The more I read about JWs and their beliefs and the WTS, the harder it is for me to believe that there are people who actually swallow this stuff and believe it whole-heartedly.

One of the reasons people swallow this is they don't get the whole chunk at the first. They start you off slow with stuff that is harder to reject. Next thing you know, one little strange thing is piled on another and you find yourself with the whole beast shoved down your throat...being mightily encouraged to swallow...not so subtley snared, just unexpected. When you start to try and throw it back up as unpalatable, you are rebuked that it's delicious-God served- and if you insist, they turn away in disgust so they don't have look at it.

• Forscher
    Forscher

Nice point Sheepish. I noticed that in the last few years they removed the FDS doctrine from books the give to new studies and the public and wait until new ones get the organize book, inpreparation for become a publisher, to introduce them to that doctrine.

Forscher

• Gill
    Gill

Hi Gumby!

I remember when this change to the vows was made. But it was generally understood at our cong. that it was done so that those pesky brothers in the US who were being disfellowshiped could not sue the bOrg, as the original vows were a dedication to God. The new vows were to protect the bOrg from suing and to allow them continuing to disfellowship and shun without any legal action being taken against them.

Nobody thought this was strange or unspiritual..we all just accepted it as 'right' because the Organization said so!

Gill

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Yep, that's my ace in the hole too, if I'm ever confronted. I was baptized in 1964 and took the old vows. I have not broken them -- the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society has done so, and I have no allegience to them.

Nina

• skyman
    skyman

Thanks I never caught that before

• gumby
    gumby
    I remember when this change to the vows was made. But it was generally understood at our cong. that it was done so that those pesky brothers in the US who were being disfellowshiped could not sue the bOrg, as the original vows were a dedication to God. The new vows were to protect the bOrg from suing and to allow them continuing to disfellowship and shun without any legal action being taken against them.

Gill, this is the way I remembered it but have never known for sure. It makes sense though and rhymes with their methods in the past. JW lawyers at their finest.....controlling the FDS and actually preparing the spiritual food the Rank and File eat!

Imagine, changing the scriptures and their meaning to save their ass and not lose money. The things this Organisation does to make or save money is pure ungodly sin. This is the reason many people say the WTBTS is nothing but a moneymaking, book publishing organisation.....and not gods channel of truth to mankind.

We all remember when the society told the brothers in Mexico they had to call themselves a "cultural organisation " and couldn't use their bibles in the minisrty nor sing songs in the hall. It turned out the society itself CHOSE to call themselves sduch since churches at that time could not own their property. By calling themselves a "cultural organisation" the society was able to keep their precious land and not lose money..........all at the expense and sacrafice of the publishers and in the name of Jehovah was this done. They lied to and decieved their own sheep.

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit