what do they think of none jw

by the devil 666 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• the devil 666
    the devil 666

can anyone tell me what do jw think of the family of none jw .as most of you know my daughter is a jw and it now seems to me that these so called people are telling my daughter not to have any contact with her family only with them. if this is true why are they doing this and why is she doing what they are telling her. the devil 666

• Ellie
    Ellie

Maybe because they believe in God and Jesus and don't want her to have any association with the devil

• under74
    under74

in my opinion the wts does it because they want to keep people in, your daughter does is because she's terrified of not following what the WTS says.

Devil....look at http://www.rickross.com and Steven Hassan.

• candysearching
    candysearching

My husband was disfellowshipped before we were married, and has been to the Kingdom Hall a few times since. Once I went with him. NO ONE SPOKE TO HIM. The very next day my husband came to the Dr's office where I work to take me to lunch. While he was waiting in the lobby a woman we had just seen the day before at the Kingdom Hall came up to him and threw her arms around him and had a thirty minute conversation with him. Mind you, not 24 hours earlier she had walked past him as if he was not even standing there.

I don't understand why she behaved that way. I mean, if you're not allowed to speak to a disfellowshipped person, then how can you be allowed to speak to them at another location? Isn't that hypocritical?

• blondie
    blondie
    I don't understand why she behaved that way. I mean, if you're not allowed to speak to a disfellowshipped person, then how can you be allowed to speak to them at another location? Isn't that hypocritical?

The difference is this, at the KH other JWs would see her talking to him and she would get in trouble with the elders, perhaps being disfellowshipped herself. In the doctor's office, there were no other witnesses to see and tattle on her so she felt free to talk to him. Hypocritical? yes, it shows you that the WTS uses fear to control people. I'm glad she did talk to him. Some witnesses would still have been too scared.

Blondie

• Dune
    Dune

I remember once, two years ago. I saw this guy that was disfellowshipped. I didnt know him that well, but i was pretty close to his family.

I was walking home and I saw him, and before i could even go into witness mode i nodded at him. I was messed up for the rest of the day because i felt like i committed some unforgivable sin.

Anyway, I see him every other month or so, and i always nod or wave. (I'm still an active witness if you were wondering my point, lol)

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Hey DevilDad,

The general attitude of JW's toward their non-JW family members is that they still love them, but they believe Jehovah will destroy them eventually. This puts a damper on their feelings for them, but it doesn't shut down their relationship entirely. I visited my non-JW parents less while I was a JW than I did my jw-in-law's. But we still visited, played cards, had fun together.

Have you outright opposed your daughter's interest in being a JW? Called the Watchtower a "cult" or anything like that? If so, then they may have warned her that associating with you will harm her spiritually.

That's bad, but you can fix it. Call her up and ask how she's doing. Just chat away and don't mention her religion at all. If she mentions it, just be nice. Maybe she gave a talk recently, ask what it was about. Maybe she "pioneered" recently, ask how that's going. If you don't know what pioneering is, ask her. Just show interest in her. Pretend that it is not a problem at all that she's a JW.

In time, her trust in you will be restored. Then, over the course of time, perhaps you can show her some things to help her back out of the organization. But it will take time, perhaps a year or more, before she'll actually trust you enough to feel comfortable. You'll need to give her that time.

She may even get the impression that you're becoming interested in JW's too. I wouldn't do anything to change that perception, it will encourage her to contact you and spend more time with you. View it as a learning experience. And the more she tells you about her religion, the more you'll have to work with to question it when the time is right.

I know it's hard, and I know they seem like a whack-o cult. (They are) But she doesn't see it that way, and if she's viewing you as against her, you're guaranteed to never get anywhere with her.

Good luck.

Dave

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

As to what they think of non-JWs in general, I think I remember a recent WatchTower comparing us to cockroaches. Yeah, that's right, bugs that God must destroy in order for "his people" to live hapily. This one I always try to remember and I like to tell this bit of WT wisdom whenever I talk to people or family about those loving JWs.

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka
    As to what they think of non-JWs in general, I think I remember a recent WatchTower comparing us to cockroaches

Lilycurly, do you have the reference for that WT?? Maybe even a direct quote?? I'd definitely love to add that one to my collection of WTS research. Somehow, I don't think my JW boyfriend sees me as a cockroach, but it would be interesting to see his reaction to a publication that says that I, as a non-JW, am viewed as a cockroach by the WTS.

-Becka :)

• sf
    sf
    what do they think of none jw

I'm not sure what THEY think, yet I'm just fine with jws existance to be no{ne} more.

sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit