What was "it" that opened your eyes?

by jiggulz 49 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Thanks Honesty, Do you recall which publication had that diagram? Gordon

I have been racking my brain to remember. I think it is in a WT article from the 1980's but am not sure. If I remember i'll post it.

• justice for all
    justice for all
    Nobody likes to be deceived. It just eats into their soul

I love the way you said that AlmostAtheist....it's so true. What opened my eyes was the last district convention on being obedient. The speaker said loud and clear ''Be obedient don't ask questions but remember we make mistakes'' I knew then I was not going to take anymore.

• JH
    JH

King of the North vanished

No Peace and Security in site

All Religions still there, especially Isalm gaining around the world

Lack of love in the JW Org. when one may need it most

Generation definition changed

JW negative growth

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    The speaker said loud and clear ''Be obedient don't ask questions but remember we make mistakes''

What arrogant sheep beaters these fools are...

J

• free2beme
    free2beme

Changing in the Generation teaching and then trying to act like it never was that important anyway, when I spent my whole life hearing "the end is near, that generation is growing older by the day."

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

For me it started with wondering why I couldn't have a beard and still be used in the congo. This led me to the internet for answers. Boy did I find them! ?This in turn led me to read the Ray Franz books. The rest as they say is History. The Mexico/Malawi issue really DID me in though I must say. Welcome to the board. Jim

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

The 'this generation' change of understanding in 1995 + when I saw the accompanying change in the box on the inside cover of the Awake describing it's purpose. I thought; "WTF! Hold on a minute, this meets the definition of a false prophecy according to Deut 18...it was just speculation the whole time after all....if they could get this so wrong then I wonder what else they have got wrong...I wonder if the whole 1914 teaching is wrong too?".

And then the NGO thing really did it for me, especially the fact that they wrote entire Awake articles centred around certain UN anniversaries and events and evidently submitted those articles to the DPI.

I walked away with my head held up.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Am I the only one that will admit to being "stumbled" by the gossip and lack of love? Thats what got me out, and that was good enough for quite a while. It was later that I started to pick up on tidbits. The first one that really did it for me was the Malawi/Mexico thing. After that the UN scandal was just icing on the cake.

Sherry

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka
    The speaker said loud and clear ''Be obedient don't ask questions but remember we make mistakes''

So how are you supposed to know what the mistakes are if they won't admit to them and you can't ask about them??

Congrats, justice for all, on seeing right through that statement and finally realizing that the WTS was not something you wanted to be involved with.

-Becka :)

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>>So how are you supposed to know what the mistakes are if they won't admit to them and you can't ask about them??

It's really weird, Becka, but it makes its own sort of sense while you're in. See, they aren't perfect. They make mistakes. But Jehovah has appointed the Faithful Slave to make the calls, and he's ordered the rank-and-file to obey the Faithful Slave. If the Faithful Slave screws up -- so the story goes -- they'll have to answer to Jehovah. Whether they're right or wrong, the rank-and-file have to obey the Slave, or they answer to Jehovah for THAT.

They don't hit you with that stuff walking in the door, of course. You sort of get assimilated along the way, and it's "oh by the way" with all this obey-the-leaders stuff. It's hard to understand how they manage it, but they've been doing it for over a hundred years. Their methods are down pat.

Evil bastards.

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit