The Unkindest Cut: Hateful Words from JWs that Show Their True Colours

by Scully 58 Replies latest jw friends

One of the many hurtful things I have heard was not said to my but between two elders about my father. My father is a hard core dub. and an elder and at the tims the cong. secrtary. They have had the book study in our house since before my parents were even babtized. (They say my parents house and wanted it.) In the early 90's my mother was dying of cancer. She had fought it for years but it was slowly taking it's toll. Anyway my father, being the faithful witness elder, really did not give my mother the support she needed. I was resently married and we lived with them to help take care of my mom. Anyway my dad would spend 20hr or more a week in service, attend all meetings, committee mtgs., etc. And people would streem in and out of the houst from dawn to dusk, and this would all take a toll on my mom. But dad did not slow down, his reasoning was "I have to be strong for the congragation". Finally mom died and while in the back of the KH after her memorial svc. the PO said to another elder "Finally, that's over, now ******* can serve Jehovah like he should". To which the other elder (Who ny dad conciders one of his best friends), replies "Yea, it sure took long enough" .

When I told my wife and father about this exchange they both said I must be making it up. My best friend was there and he confirmed it so my dad called the PO and asked him about it 9On speaker phone). At first he tried to deny it but my best friend, not a dub called him on it and so he did admit saying it but then tried to explein it away. I pointed out that he did not have a book study at his house, he did not put in the hours of service like my dad and he wasn't caring for a sick wife, and trying to entertain the cong. so why would he say that. He did not answer, but my dad then started to agree with him that I was only trying to cause trouble.

Go figure. At first I'm a lier and then when I'm proven right I'm a trouble maker for telling the truth.

• Jankyn
    Jankyn

It's insane that someone would suggest Scully's children would be better off dead than non-Jehovah's Witnesses. But strangely enough, it was hearing that insanity that helped me break free.

When I came out to my mother--after not having set foot in a Kingdom Hall for two years and never having been baptized, this is what she said:

"It would have been better if you'd never been born. If I'd known you were going to turn against Jehovah like this, I would have smothered you in your crib."

I agree, Scully. Sometimes it take something that crazy to help us wake up and leave. Still hurts, though.

Jankyn

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Well, I can not recall specific words. I recall the spirit behind the words more.

There were a few incidents when we were beginning to 'see through the fantasy'.

• Once I commented at a Watchtower study about the need to show love for the brothers who were down and out. I mentioned that it might be tempting to say negative things about the person's 'spirituality', and that would only further damage him. I added that we would want to be especially careful if we were 'elders or pioneers' not to state or add to gossip about those who were our brothers while in the car groups in service. I was quickly pulled into the back room and counselled regarding my comments. I was told I was walking 'on thin ice' with such comments, and that I was intimating that elders and pioneers were not good examples. I clarified to this particular elder that I had [as I was also a servant and pioneer myself at the time] seen and heard a great deal of such gossip and that most of it emulated out of the mouths of elders. He was not at least interested in the facts, just shutting me up. Curiously, my hand was not seen too often to be called upon in the Watchtower brainwashing study after that.
    • When our adult daughter [df'd while a teen] came to us and asked to move in due to being pregnant, jobless, homeless, penniless, freightened, suicidal, unmarried, and in the dead of winter, we of course acted like human beings and accepted her into the house for a period of three months. Following that, five months later, and just 6 days short of the CO's ass-kissing visit, they came and JC'd me right in my LR and told me I would be put off the servant body for doing so. They did not even look at the 80 articles I had pulled together from the WT-CD that made a clear point that I should use my conscience in this matter. This in spite of the fact that my daughter had long ago moved back out and that they had never even bothered to come and consult with me before this at all. When I asked the leading idiot what he would have done he stated that I could have found some government housing or worldly person to let her stay with, rather than endanger our 'spirituallity' by allowing her in the home. Not once did it enter their demonic minds that the health and welfare of our daughter and her unborn child might take precedence over these foolish notions they served up as 'food'.

I could go on and on. Just glad to have left this group of Pharisees in my rear view mirror.

Jeff

• jessthebull
    jessthebull

so many horrendous experiences here

my most recent bad JW experience happened just after my mother had re-entered the work force after 20 years and during a very difficult time for our family. My mothers best friend (also a JW) had atempted suicide following the breakdown of her marrige.

Our book study conductor and elder (my guess, he is in his late 20's) annouces that we will be recieving a sheparding call. Of course my mum is greatly heartened by this believing that we will be recieving much needed spiritual encouragement.

When the two elders turn up my mum lets them know how she is feeling and the diffuculties we are facing at the moment as a family. And what do they do?? Reveal that they had not infact come around to offer encouragement or spiritual advise but instead to inform my mum that as our family are not spiritual enough (read not out in FS enough) the book study will no longer be held at our home.

Then after my mum had left the room in tears they left.

How loving.

• Think
    Think

That show clearly that they are the PRODUCT of endless indocrinations, that they are the drones controlled by the voice from the " spiker" or the voice from the AWAKE. They follow rather the voice of the sons of the devil, which they know from 5 times meeting at KH, than the voice of true Shepherd Jesus Christ.

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

It sickens me to think that soooo many good people have put their whole lives in the hands of this self-righteous cult. Like everyone else, I have had so many awful things said/done to me. However, the first thing that comes to mind is how the Body of Elders treated one brother.

This brother, I'll call Jimmy, was mentally disabled. He was at least 45, but had the mind of a 5-year-old. His parents had been JWs, but had passed away about ten years prior. Jimmy loved being a JW, it was his whole world. I don't remember being at the KH and him not being there. He did get a little carried away sometime, but no more than a kid would have. The loving elders were quick to repremand him, but they didn't even take him to the back room, they did it right out in the open.

Jimmy did have a job in a local restaurant that his non-JW uncle owned. So, he went out in FS every Saturday and Sunday. The brothers who made up the car groups would always work it so that Jimmy was never in their car. Which, on the surface isn't bad, but it soon got worse and more obvious that they were "jockeying" things to avoid him. It got so bad that one Saturday, the loving elder didn't even put Jimmy in a car group and told him there really wasn't room in anyone's car. Mind you, Jimmy lived in a special home that brought him to the KH every Saturday morning, so he would have had to walk about two miles home.

That Saturday, my father became my hero more so than ever. Previously, I had told my dad how I felt bad for Jimmy and how it actually embarrassed me to be a JW when I saw how the elders treated him. My dad stopped the elder and said, "Brother Smith, my son is actually not feeling well this morning and just told me he needs to go home, so we'll have room for Jimmy in our car." My dad then turned to me and winked. Jimmy's face just lit up and he did a little jump in his seat. (I was glad, too... I didn't have to go out in service. But I did have to ride home with the jackass because he was on his way to a Bible study and my dad guilted him in to dropping me off on the way.)

After that, at least twice a month, my dad planned on Saturday morning service with Jimmy. My dad, in true JW style, was a contractor and did a lot of work for elderly people in the community. He had arranged for a 'return visit' with some of the kinder, older ladies who he knew would welcome a visit. On these visits, he helped Jimmy prepare a presentation. Jimmy was so excited that he got to place magazines that we often made sure that visit was right before break to give him time to settle down. This went on for about three years.

Sadly, during my senior year, Jimmy died. At his services, one of the loving elders came up and said to my dad the usual JW things. Then he added that he admired my dad for the way he worked with Jimmy and that he didn't think he could have done it. My dad just told him, "You know, brother, there was someone in the congregation who needed my help. I didn't even think, is it something I can do. I just did it. However, as the shepherds of this flock, you SHOULD have done it as well."

Again, it sickens me that there are so many good people, like my dad, who have have put their whole lives in the hands of this self-righteous cult. Happily, my father soon had enough of their "love" and left the JWs with my mom. I'm guessing this is what happens with most of the good people in the org. But, what happens when all these good people leave? You're left with the WTS...

• Think
    Think

I heard many times hateful words, hateful looks, Experienced violent behavior from Jehova's Witnesses many times on my own skin.

Sooryy brothers and sisters, that I have to tell the truth here.

I know not every one is like that, and I love you very much.

But I noticed, that the Society has more and more very negative influence on ALL JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES WORLDWIDE.

Very sad, sad TRUTH, and the truth is impossible to hide any longer.

• Think
    Think

I heard many times hateful words, hateful looks, Experienced violent behavior from Jehova's Witnesses many times on my own skin.

But I noticed, that the Society has more and more very negative influence on ALL JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES WORLDWIDE.

• Think
    Think

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit