Do you have a biblical name?

by ButtLight 34 Replies latest jw friends

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Or know of people that do? I wonder how many out there have named their kids from names from the bible. Two of my kids are on the list, but it wasnt done on purpose. (just average names) You can check on this link, and see what it means.

http://www.behindthename.com/nmc/bibl.php

• JH
    JH

I have a biblical name. I like my name too

JOHN
    Usage: English, Biblical
    Pronounced: JAHN [key]
    Extra Info: Popularity, Related Names, Namesakes, Name Days, Websites, Comments
    Options: Contribute Information, Add to List
    English form of Johannes, which was the Latin form of the Greek name ??a???? (Ioannes), itself derived from the Hebrew name Yochanan meaning "YAHWEH is gracious". This name owes its consistent popularity to two New Testament characters, both highly revered as saints. The first was John the Baptist, the forerunner of Jesus Christ and a victim of beheading by Herod Antipas. The second was the apostle John, also supposedly the author of the fourth Gospel and Revelation. The name has been borne by 23 popes, as well as kings of England, Hungary, Poland, Portugal and France. It was also borne by the poet John Milton and the philosopher John Locke
  • Legolas
    Legolas

No!

• DannyBloem
  • Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Even worse than Biblical....My oldest has the middle name of Taze. OMG

• joelbear
    joelbear

yes, joelbear was a large gay hairy Hebrew prophet.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

No, but both of my kids are (not on purpose).

• Jourles
    Jourles

Yep (jehover is salvation). And my initials will haunt me for the rest of my life --- JW.

• greendawn
    greendawn

My name Nicolas is not biblical either though the description Nicolaitans exists in Revelation but in an ill famed way. It comes from later 4th century Christainity, it being the name of a Christian saint.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight
    Even worse than Biblical....My oldest has the middle name of Taze. OMG

I actually like that!!!!!!!!! Its cool.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit