I'm new here and have lots of questions

by jaada 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

The very notion of a "Last Days" is destructive. Either the person feels compelled to hate or at best become apathetic toward the suffering of those not sharing his belief. Remember the tragic Ghost Dance massacre? A classic example. The Last Days doctrine led many native Americans to pray for the end of suffering through the Messiah coming and killing the whiteman. The whites responded by kiling them. And just to correct an earlier comment, many modern and ancient churches do/did not teach that we are in a Last days. Its called preterism.

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

Welcome! And, please don't think of yourself as a mess...or, maybe this way: a little messy, but

nothing that can't be straightened up! You will learn much here, please feel free to send a message to

me if you'd like to talk. I never was a JW but have family involved, I have learned so much here. I am

glad to know about your Native American roots and your psychic awareness; that is awesome. I truly

believe that God does gift some with that extra special quality.

Take care of yourself and stay around.

AuntieJane

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

Oops I meant to add this important note: Please do not put yourself through anymore cult-like teachings,

which is what it sounds like you are experiencing again, w. the Armageddon scare tactics. I believe there

are many of the Native American heritage who do not believe in such (excuse me) nonsense...seek those

out, or if you are unable to...protect yourself by learning to step away from it. You may need some therapy,

which is a good thing! Life is too short to put ourselves through this kind of destructive emotional trauma.

I am totally serious, take care of yourself.

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere
    I always have been scared of the last days thing

Jaada, that "last days thing" is a scare tactic to keep you in. They have been saying the end was near since BEFORE 1914. In fact 1914 was when it was going to end first and when it never, they said 1918, 1925 1975 and so many others. Luke 21 : 8, Jesus tells us "many would be saying "the time is at hand" [King James] The new world Translation says "the due time has approached" and Jesus added "Do not go after them." God is not using any religion on earth, they are nothing but Big Businesses that hid behind the Bible. At Luke 10: 25-28, Jesus tells us what we need to do to get life. Verse 36 and 37 he tell us we should be treating others like we would want to be treated. The 1974 Kingdom ministry said "Reports are heard of brothers selling their homes and property and planning to finish out the rest of their days in this old system in the pioneer service. What a fine way to spend the SHORT time remaining before the wicked world ends."

• Shazard
    Shazard

But for christians "End Days" are the best what can happen, coz then Jesus Christ will come and reclaim his flock and rise all dead and everybody who believes in Jesus will go to heaven. So actually "end days" are horrible for JW, but blessed for anyone believing in Christ as his Lord and God. Ones who put their hope on Christ will not be cut off as Christ has payed for your sins. He had your punishment you now have his life!

• greendawn
    greendawn

Yes the JWs are a very negative religion because there is so much hatred in them, they hope their vindictive god will be the executioner of all "apostates" and non JW humans. They do this to manipulate people into entering their religion so that they can be exploited. No wonder why there are so many depressed and neurotic members in that cult. Best to keep at a safe distance from this demonic organisation.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Nice try, Saboteur. The point is, that the WTS isn`t like just any science teacher who talks about the environment all the time, but smokes and pollutes a lot himself, in secrecy. The point is that the WTS has elevated themselves to the status of a prophet! They have called themselves "Gods only channel on earth", the "Ezekiel of our day" and "Jeremiah of our day", and "a prophetic class in these last days". You know this very well, I believe. To compare a self-proclaimed PROPHET to a hypocritical science teacher, isn`t just a far stretch, it`s completely ridicolous.

• Shazard
    Shazard

Saboteur, neither good behaviour, nonsmoking, outer appearance of love and other good things makes your teaching true! Why I sayed only "outer appearance of love", coz I never heared of Watchtower being in some charity I didn't see the WT on the list of New Orleans helping organizations, the first in the list were Churches, then Salvation Army, then Red Cross... no WT. Where their love? I never seen WT in African hunger solving but WT is multibillion organization, they could afford some charity and to SHOW that their have fruits of love. Haven't seen that! Does apostates hides this? I never seen WT working with mentally handicapet people! I haven't seen much WT working in prisons! Most... I havent seen WT HELPING in big! If they are true religion then their good deeds should overhelm the news and the world! If they are from God, then let their deeds be observed to make us believe that WT has fruits of love! Sorry dude... as I sayed, good behaviour does not make your teachings true!

• onetwofour
    onetwofour

the newb is back(me)

greendawn "Yes the JWs are a very negative religion because there is so much hatred in them, they hope their vindictive god will be the executioner of all "apostates" and non JW humans."

does this still hold true now, that there is so much hate? they wish to see us destroyed?

• Legolas
    Legolas

Welcome to the board!

So what would you like to know?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit