The Stake is a more pagan symbol than the Cross

by jwfacts 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Benjamin Belial
    Benjamin Belial

As someone who at one point was taking Egyptology as a major, and who was a Kemetic Pagan, I can say a lot of that has nothing to do with Asar(Osiris) whatsoever and I have no clue where they got it from. His mother was a human? wtf?

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

These are made by Jehovah's Witnesses! I emailed them to confirm. http://www.westcoastclips.com/

Tie Bar Gold tie bar with silver watchtower and Bible.
    $7.95
    Tie Bar Gold tie bar with gold watchtower and scripture.
    $7.95
    Tie Bar Gold tie bar with gold watchtower and Bible.
    $7.95
    Tie Bar Gold tie bar with silver watchtower and scripture.
    $7.95
    Silver tie bar with silver watchtower and scripture.
    $7.95
    Tie Bar Silver tie bar with gold watchtower and scripture.
    $7.95
    Silver tie bar with gold watchtower and Bible.
    $7.95
    Tie Bar Silver tie bar with silver watchtower and Bible.
    $7.95
  • Benjamin Belial
    Benjamin Belial

Yes. The golden calf thing is very misunderstood. It wasn't a new god, it was a new representation. The scripture even says that they engraved it with the name YHWH.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Brilliant MJ, very ironic, I will include these pictures on my site.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Ben, actually it seems that story was written specifically as polemic against the traditional use of a bull to represent Yahweh in the time of Jeroboam and likely before. It is also antiAaronic in its final form.

• kristyann
    kristyann

Nice tie clips... I wonder if any JWs could actually locate the entire 7 dollars and 95 cents for one! That is really quite an interesting find, though, at least I think so... I never saw anything like that before.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

The Sheela na gig is a more pagan symbol than the Stake or the Cross.

And yet there is one carved in the ancient (c.1980) portacache of the Lewisville Tx Kingdom hall. Just sayin'.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem
    Don't some JW women wear little charms of watchtowers on chains around their necks?

yes I know some. Sometimes a gift at baptism

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    M.J. The Idol, Artemis of Ephesus:

Hmm. Seems I recall a section of Scripture...

Acts 19:23-41
    23 At that particular time there arose no little disturbance concerning The Way. 24 For a certain man named De·me´tri·us, a silversmith, by making silver shrines of Ar´te·mis furnished the craftsmen no little gain; 25 and he gathered them and those who worked at such things and said: “Men, YOU well know that from this business we have our prosperity. 26 Also, YOU behold and hear how not only in Eph´e·sus but in nearly all the [district of] Asia this Paul has persuaded a considerable crowd and turned them to another opinion, saying that the ones that are made by hands are not gods. 27 Moreover, the danger exists not only that this occupation of ours will come into disrepute but also that the temple of the great goddess Ar´te·mis will be esteemed as nothing and even her magnificence which the whole [district of] Asia and the inhabited earth worships is about to be brought down to nothing.” 28 Hearing this and becoming full of anger, the men began crying out, saying: “Great is Ar´te·mis of the E·phe´sians!”
    29 So the city became filled with confusion, and with one accord they rushed into the theater, taking forcibly along with them Ga´ius and Ar·is·tar´chus, Mac·e·do´ni·ans, traveling companions of Paul. 30 For his part, Paul was willing to go inside to the people, but the disciples would not permit him. 31 Even some of the commissioners of festivals and games, who were friendly to him, sent to him and began pleading for him not to risk himself in the theater. 32 The fact is, some were crying out one thing and others another; for the assembly was in confusion, and the majority of them did not know the reason why they had come together. 33 So together they brought Alexander out of the crowd, the Jews thrusting him up front; and Alexander motioned with his hand and was wanting to make his defense to the people. 34 But when they recognized that he was a Jew, one cry arose from them all as they shouted for about two hours: “Great is Ar´te·mis of the E·phe´sians!”
    35 When, finally, the city recorder had quieted the crowd, he said: “Men of Eph´e·sus, who really is there of mankind that does not know that the city of the E·phe´sians is the temple keeper of the great Ar´te·mis and of the image that fell from heaven? 36 Therefore since these things are indisputable, it is becoming for YOU to keep calm and not act rashly. 37 For YOU have brought these men who are neither robbers of temples nor blasphemers of our goddess. 38 Therefore if De·me´tri·us and the craftsmen with him do have a case against someone, court days are held and there are proconsuls; let them bring charges against one another. 39 If, though, YOU are searching for anything beyond that, it must be decided in a regular assembly. 40 For we are really in danger of being charged with sedition over today’s affair, no single cause existing that will permit us to render a reason for this disorderly mob.” 41 And when he had said these things, he dismissed the assembly.

I think...you may have something there, M.J.! LOL

AuldSoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit