Assemblies: Were You Always on the Prowl for a Mate?

by prophecor 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• prophecor
    prophecor
    As a single woman attending the assemblies for spiritual purposes , I found the meat market aspect both amusing and pathetic. willow

Hi willow, it was very difficult for some of us teens and even adults to not want to be married. We were always told somewhere during those DC's in a talk somewhere about the benefits of remaining single, but many of us were too horny to hear, otherwise. That being said, this is one time where I'll always believe the Society had the right idea. So many marriages I would see them self destuct over a short period of time, especially if they were young ones, 18-21 year olds.

Life experiences are not things that come well with Jehovah's Witnesses, especially with thier sheltered upbringing. Many were only begining to see what adulthood would feel like, without out technically having become an adult, except by way of time. 18 years legally brings you into many arenas of the adult playground, but without the experience, so many are still children, housed within adult bodies.

• freedom96
    freedom96

The only thing good about going to the assemblies was looking at the girls. Unfortunately, that is how I met my first wife.

• Virgogirl
    Virgogirl

Yes, I was always on the prowl to mate!

• prophecor
    prophecor
    The only thing good about going to the assemblies was looking at the girls. Unfortunately, that is how I met my first wife.

You have my sincerest of condolences

• Ellie
    Ellie

Well as a teenager I was always on the prowl everywhere.

• luna2
    luna2

When I first became a dub I was still married, so no prowling for me. Fact is, though, that I would have had no idea how to prowl.

I've heard that there are areas of whatever facility the District Assemblies are held in where single folks go to strut their stuff and (hopefully) meet other dubbies looking for mates. I knew one couple at the first KH I attended who'd met this way. I believe they are now divorced, however.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    i wuz diligently taking notes

Ditto that for me. My self-esteem was so non-existent from the effects of my upbringing and borg-inflicted guilt that, despite the fact that my eyes were open, looking for girls, I rarely had the nerve to actually try to speak with any. So I diligently took notes.

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

I know during my teen years the noon break was just like one big high school campus with the young ones in their best dresses and suits all grouped togethor laughing and very subtly fliting with each other.

Nowadays it still basically the same behavior in my 20's. But the brohters are a lot more forward nowadays. I guess those horny bastards are having a hard time. (All pun intended)

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka

Hmm, I'm not a JW, nor have I ever been, but I did ask my JW boyfriend about something like this once.

I asked him why he hadn't tried looking for a JW girlfriend who would be better suited to his lifestyle (ie, no holidays), and his usual answer was that he never found anyone that he was interested in. He didn't know many JWs in high school and he was a loner anyway.

He said he always checked out the girls at assemblies, though, because they were all JWs and therefore would be well-suited to him. He said he saw a few pretty ones at the assemblies, but in the end, he never found anyone to date there.

Why, you ask, when there were so many pretty, available girls there?? Because despite the fact that he's a JW and refuses to give up the few beliefs that he clings to, he doesn't want a JW girlfriend. Why not?? Because he wouldn't be able to do what he wanted to do with them. He didn't want chaperones on dates. He wanted to be able to get physical. He wanted sex before marriage. And whadda ya know, JWs aren't allowed to do any of these things, so he gave up on dating a fellow JW.

That being said, he still freely admits to cruising the assemblies for girls - after all, what better place to find single, available and attractive sisters??

-Becka :)

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

There where these two guys (brothers?) who used to come to our assebmly. They where totally out in left field. They had these giant happy faces and talked like they had been drugged. They looked you straight in the eye, but it was like they where looking right through you, instead of at you. It was totally obvious they where looking for girls. I haven't seen them in a long time. I wonder what became of them...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit