Assemblies: Were You Always on the Prowl for a Mate?

by prophecor 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• prophecor
    prophecor

I was.

It was usually encouraged that we try to remain single somewhere during the assembly, especially the summer conventions. Some of you sisters were so hott with your summer dresses, hair freshly done. Though I went for the obligatory meeting attendance, it was nice to be able to go on a fishing expedition for sisters, if that was your choosing. There was always the sister who would wave her left hand if she'd already been captured. Displaying the ring on her finger so subtley.

Did you meet your match at an assembly?

• FairMind
    FairMind

Well, during my divorced years I was looking for a mate. Many in the congregation suggested that the assemblies would be a great place to find a wife. I found a lot of wives and got in trouble, seems I should have been looking for single women.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    Assemblies: Were You Always on the Prowl for a Mate?

no. just a piece of ass.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

i wuz diligently taking notes

• willowmoon
    willowmoon

Brothers make it very clear they are checking out the goods and sisters go to great effort to adorn themselves for display, and they're all painfully obvious about it. As a single woman attending the assemblies for spiritual purposes , I found the meat market aspect both amusing and pathetic.

willow

• ocelot
    ocelot

I don't know how you were meant to do it, at assemblies I went to everyone just stuck to the people from their congregation. In the event you did talk to someone you didn't know some offensive person always interupts you. That being said I don't think there was anyone I really wanted to talk to, theres hardly any young JWs and the majority of them are extremely annoying.

• joelbear
    joelbear

i cruised the men's rooms, does that count?

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I believe the term was 'scopin and hope'n

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Of course! I remember going to an assembly in Chicago when I was about 17. I met this really nice brother, and he sat next to me everyday. (its was one of those long ones) And believe it or not, my dad said he didnt think it was a good idea. Not because of my age, but because he was black! (real loving jw hey) Boy did I get mad. I kept on seeing him anyway.

• blondie
    blondie

Trolling

and

Meat Parade

I didn't look; I had no plans to be in "submission" to any JW male. I guess that's why I married a non-JW and trained him right.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit