"You may be laughing now....but.."

by Jez 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• Jez
    Jez

My ex-husband, still a JW, and I were having a rare phone conversation about our girls. It was surprisingly amicable until he sadly said, "you know, all I ever wanted was for my girls to be pioneers." I burst out laughing and said, "that's ALL?" I could not stop laughing...it was the funniest, most simplistic parental plan I heard in a long time. He angrily and righteously says, "Oh, you may be laughing now, but...(pause for emphasis)...soon...(pause)..you won't be." I hung up on him, still laughing.

See, here it is folks, they SAY they don't think they are superior to anyone, they SAY they don't gloat at the impending destruction of others, they SAY they don't know who will be destroyed and who won't...BUT when push comes to shove, they say how they really feel.

Jez

• Odrade
    Odrade

dun dun daaaahhhhhhhh!!! Jez, that's hilarious. Sadly, I think it's something my parents would say too. Poor deluded schmucks.

• Gill
    Gill

Jez - It's called 'shaking the dust off his feet....'

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Im glad I never married a dub!

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Im glad I never married a dub! ButtLight, I can't make the same claim. Rub a Dub

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

"All I ever wanted was for my girls to become door-to-door solicitors."

Sad. I'm SO SO SO glad I got out in time to present suitable goals to my kids, instead of these sorts of life-wasting things.

(Not that they would've listened then, or now. ;-) )

Dave

• Bryan
    Bryan

jez busted for laughing at one of God's chosen ones!

Bryan

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

ButtLight, I can't make the same claim.
    I meant marrying a dub, not a rubadub!

• Jez
    Jez

You know, after I got thinking about it, this man spent about 16 years with me, knew me well and how much I enjoy living, how much I love my kids, etc. It shows how quickly this disappears, how much of a facade it all was, just the fact that he can relish, rub his hands together with gleeful anticipation at my coming murder.....the coldness that is encouraged, allowed, supported just blows my mind now.

Jez

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Sad. That is really, really pathetic.

You know, after I got thinking about it, this man spent about 16 years with me, knew me well and how much I enjoy living, how much I love my kids, etc. It shows how quickly this disappears, how much of a facade it all was, just the fact that he can relish, rub his hands together with gleeful anticipation at my coming murder.....the coldness that is encouraged, allowed, supported just blows my mind now.

I understand. This is exactly what I wonder about with my parents.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit