"You may be laughing now....but.."

by Jez 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• greendawn
    greendawn

He wants his daughters to be unpaid saleswomen of the vast multinational multibillion WTS corporation, expecting God to reward them for their efforts.

That's the smart trickery of the GB that the R&F so easily fall for "work for us and God himself will reward"

• peggy
    peggy

Just to play the "Devil's" advocate, you said you were having a surprisingly amicable conversation. He revealed his feelings to you, obviously feeling safe in doing so, that all he wanted was for the girls was for them to pioneer. You began to laugh at him, in fact continued laughing even as you hung up. NO one enjoys being laughed at! In fact it is only his deeply ingrained beliefs which surfaced and for which he relied on to ward off your rude laughter! You were having an amicable conversation. You could have turned it around and offered other alternatives for your girls, which would have kept the conversation cordial. Frankly, I think YOU owe HIM an apology.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    That's the smart trickery of the GB that the R&F so easily fall for "work for us and God himself will reward"

hmmmmm..........makes me think of the oft-reiterated phrase from "Kissing Hank's *ss".........."yeahhhh.....you kiss Hank's *ss and don't do anything he tells you not to and he'll give you a million bucks if you don't leave town......but if you leave town or do something Hank doesn't want you to do, he'll kick yer *ss!" (paraphrased)

Frannie

• Jez
    Jez

Peggy: Thank you for your thoughts. If you want
    the full history of this man go to my story at
    freeminds.org entitled "Pretending", and filter
    through my post history, he deserved to be
    laughed at X a million. Even if I wanted to NOT
    laugh, I could not have controlled myself.

Please try not to pass judgement on a situation
    that you are clueless about and a person or
    persons that you are clueless about. The purpose
    of this post was to illustrate the twisted sense
    of what 'spiritual goals' means to most JWs
    (pioneering) and how quickly the facade of
    acceptance crumbles when provoked a little.

Remember that your definition of 'rude', may not
    be shared by all.

(still giggling a little) Jez

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Its truly a telling sign about JWs that they so desire for BILLIONS to be killed. I remember working out in field service and some one would reject us at the door or be a little angry with us. Did my field partner "shake the dust off his feet and move on"? Heck e naw all you heard was 'Yeah wait till Jehovah show him whose right at Armegedon".

• Honesty
    Honesty
    In fact it is only his deeply ingrained beliefs which surfaced

I agree wholeheartedly. The Watchtower cult brings out the innermost feelings in those they spiritually abuse with their hateful messages of doom and destruction.

• anewme
    anewme

It is a weakness of us human beings to always want to be right.

It pains us to be wrong.

Therefore we do all sorts of mental tricks and create justifications to avoid it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit