PROOF OF REBIRTH?

by Dansk 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Dansk
    Dansk

Here's the missing paragraphs from 1) at the start of this thread. I'd appreciate any thoughts/comments.

1) There have been documented cases of 'Reincarnation' or rebirth, some of which are very hard to dismiss. One that springs straight to mind is Arthur Flowerdew, an elderly man from Norfolk England, who, from the age of 12 experiened inexplicable but vivid mental pictures of what seemed some great city surrounded by desert.

Then by chance he saw a BBC documentary about Petra, ancient city in Jordan. He talked to the BBC and afterwards the Jordanian government offered to fly him there. The BBC did a pre-visit film where Arthur was interviewed by a world authority and author of books on Petra, so as to compare it to what would be seen in Jordan.

Arthur singled out three places in his vision of petra: a curious volcano-shaped rock, a small temple where he believed he had been killed and an unusual structure in the city that is well known to archaeologists, but for which they could find no function. The Petra expert could recall no such rock and doubted that it was there. But when he showed him a picture of the area of the city where the temple had stood, Arthur pointed out the exact site. Then he calmly explained the purpose of the structure as the guard house in which he had served as a soldier 2000 years before!

On his approach to the city Arthur was able to point out the mysterious rock and once in the city he went straight to the guard room without glancing at a map and demonstrated how the check-in system for guards was used. Finally, he went to the spot where he said he'd been killed by an enemy sword. He was also able to locate and purpose a number of unexcavated structures on the site. The expert who accompanied him said there was no way the man had the capacity to be a fraud on that scale.

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

Thanks for posting this Ian, its very interesting. I know I've died a few times.

Here are a few lines from a song that sort of fits this:

And I find it kind of funny
    I find it kind of sad
    The dreams in which I’m dying
    Are the best I’ve ever had

I find it hard to tell you
    ’cos I find it hard to take
    When people run in circles
    It’s a very, very

-Mad world

not to get too off track, but have you seen Donnie Darko? Good show, not what it first appears.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Funky

I was a bit toasted when i wrote the above. What i meant was that scientists' lack of knowledge about dark matter and dark energy shows that they are still limited, and so shouldn't be too quick to dismiss other things of which they don't know. 'Course, if you were toasted when you read that, then you would have understood it perfectly.

S

• Dansk
    Dansk

darkuncle29:

have you seen Donnie Darko?

No, but I'll look out for it! Is it available in Great Britain?

Ian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit