"Deliverance At Hand" 2006 Convention

by drew sagan 39 Replies latest jw friends

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

KM: Dec. 2005 under title: 2006 "Deliverance At Hand" District Convention of Jehovah's Wittnesses

Par.8: " Special Needs Room Request forms are available only for publishers whose accomadation needs cannot be cared for by family memebers or by their congregation. The Congregation Service Commitee should consider the publisher's qualifications, using the guidelines on the form as well as the letter dated December 14, 2005, addresses to all bodies of elders. This provision is only for publishers in good standing, along with their well-behaved children."

Hey! Anyone heard about this? Ha! And notice the qualifications for such a donation from the Society: a publisher in good standing (that's right-better be pushing in at least the required 10 hours per month sister! and well behaved children. I feel sorry for anyone whose got a litter of brats running around. No free hotel for you!

• LDH
    LDH

Still,

Do you know of "any" congregation that absorbed hotel expenses for someone to attend the assembly? I don't.

At this year's District Conventions, it will no longer be the practice to invite a member of the Governing Body to offer the Closing Prayer.
    Well of course not. The old boys are wearing Depends and pootin' in their pants as it is! Could you imagine if one of them started to ramble while having a fit of incoherence? Actually it would probably sound just about like it does now. Stupid.
  • blondie
    blondie

Stilla, that sounds right; the Know Jehovah book came out in 1971, only 35 years ago. I hated that book. My favorite scripture from Ezekiel:

kj chap. 9 pp. 165-167 Marking Foreheads of Those to Be Spared ***

WHOSE

FOREHEADS ARE MARKED, AND HOW

All the people in Jerusalem were in danger of their lives, because Jehovah was about to ‘act in his rage’ in executing his judicial decision against the city. Despite his justified "rage," he would have compassion upon some of its inhabitants. Upon whom? Upon those who were not in sympathy with the detestable things that were being committed at Jehovah’s temple nor with the violence with which the unfaithful religionists were filling the land. (Ezekiel 8:17, 18) There were "men that are sighing and groaning over all the detestable things that are being done" in Jerusalem.

All these the man with the inkhorn at his waist was to mark in their foreheads, where the mark could be openly seen. For the man in linen to do this, it would require him to go from house to house, from home to home, in order to locate men who were grieved at the way that their God Jehovah was being offended. In order that these sighing and groaning men might be distinguished from the offenders against God, they needed to be marked in their foreheads. This would mark them as true worshipers of Jehovah.

Of what value would that mark with ink on the foreheads of such pure worshipers of the one living and true God be? This becomes apparent from the official orders that Jehovah next gave to the "six men" armed with weapons for smashing. The prophet Ezekiel tells us what he heard: "And to these others he said in my ears: ‘Pass through the city after him and strike. Let not your eye feel sorry, and do not feel any compassion. Old man, young man and virgin and little child and women you should kill off—to a ruination. But to any man upon whom there is the mark do not go near, and from my sanctuary you should start.’"—Ezekiel 9:5, 6.

According to those divine instructions any Israelites having their foreheads marked would not be killed off by the "six men." Since the instrument used for killing the unmarked Israelites was a "weapon for smashing," it was likely used in smashing the skulls of those deserving to be executed. How fitting it was, then, that the foreheads of Jehovah’s worshipers were marked, for the "six men" would strike at the head! Seeing a mark on the forehead would hold them back from smashing that head. Age or sex was no reason for an offender against Jehovah to be spared, neither singleness nor marriage. Unmarked parents would not have their minor children marked in the forehead. Hence they would be the ones responsible for the killing of their little children, the Ten Commandments plainly stating that "punishment for the error of fathers" would be brought upon the "sons, upon the third generation and upon the fourth generation." The failure of parents to bring up their children in the pure worship of Jehovah would make such delinquent parents responsible for the outworking of God’s righteous law against their minor children.—Exodus 20:5.

• wednesday
    wednesday
    New Light on Masturbation" That one killed me!!!

r Brothers, please see enclosed meno regarding special handling of masturbation cases

• stealyourface
    stealyourface
    "Deliverance At Hand" - why am I thinking Dueling Banjos?

Midwich, I was thinking more along the lines of 'Bend over and squeal like a pig'. (sorry if anyone needs to poke out their mental eyeball, I couldn't resist!)

• heathen
    heathen

LMAO@thecomments

How about ---

Dogma --- who let the dogs out (start playing the song in the back ground )

we do not go beyond the written word --- But we still like to embellish.

how to abuse your child during long boring conventions and not get arrested

blood--- be ready to sacrifice yourself and family at the altar of WTBTS dogma.

lobotomies -- advantages of remaining brain dead ....

who cares if the end comes , look at all this invisible fun we're having

• Mary
    Mary

Maybe they're planning on doing a remake.

• heathen
    heathen

LOL mary --- Maybe it is a film fest .

• VM44
    VM44

Perhaps the "Deliverance is at Hand" convention will tie in someway with this special talk given in 1970. --VM44

• Gregor
    Gregor

I have been told that the Jan. 15 Watchtower will have some 'new light' on the subject of dealings with the DF'd. I don't receive the mag. but would like to know if this is the case and what's new about it.

Thanks

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit