"Deliverance At Hand" 2006 Convention

by drew sagan 39 Replies latest jw friends

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Many of us are familiar with the theme of this years district convention, "Deliverance At Hand". I don't know if the publication release has been leaked yet, but I thought it might be fun to speculate about what it possibly could be. I'll start it off...

a new book mabye?

"Learning from the Great Pyramid"
    or
    "The Faithful Slave...Whose your daddy?"

or how about the new brochure

"1914, a year marked by the Governing bodys highlighters"

and don't forget to place the new tract

"Would you like to know more about being shunned?"

• Lost Diamond
    Lost Diamond

Does anybody out there know when the convention is being held this Summer in Portland, Oregon? I need to know so I could get first dibs on Summer vacation w/my kids....from my still JW Ex Hubby. He always wants to drag the kiddos with him....poor kids!

It's a shame I still have to plan around the "Conventions".....blah!!

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    "Deliverance At Hand"

LOL, it better be! desperate bastards...

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

"The Faithful Slave...whose your daddy?"

LOL! Drew. Oh man that was hilarious! I see you're fitting in quite nicely with the rest of us bitter but not broken cyber nerds!

Hey what about: Young Ones: Have you Dropped out of College Yet and if not? What the hell are you waiting for????

• Scully
    Scully

"Kool-Aid: The True Path to the Spiritual Paradise"

Dear Brothers,

In order to facilitate the simplification arrangement with regard to taking meals outside the convention centers, please note that facilities will be in lockdown from the beginning of sessions until after the final prayer each day. Jehovah has seen fit for us to enjoy this spiritual feast, and refreshing beverages will be offered at each convention location. Yes, dear Brothers, our Deliverance is truly at hand!"

I'd put a smiley face there if I didn't think it was a distinct possibility at some point in time.

• ackack
    ackack

Could the attendants please help Br. Struggles-a-lot.

ackack

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

"Deliverance At Hand" - why am I thinking Dueling Banjos?

• TallTexan
    TallTexan
    In order to facilitate the simplification arrangement with regard to taking meals outside the convention centers

Translation:

We know 30% of the 'flock' is leaving at 11 a.m. to beat the lunch rush, having a couple of margaritas over lunch, then not returning until 2 p.m. because of the 'lunch rush' that they somehow didn't manage to beat. Therefore, there will be barbed wire, guard towers (er, watchtowers?), land mines, and German Shepherds placed outside of the convention facility to ensure that you are able to partake of the quality spiritual food provided by the FDS. Oh, btw, you are not being prevented from using your free will. Oh, and please only stay at our hotels, even if all the rooms are full. Stay 3 families to a room if necessary.

Sincerely,

Your Brothers in Selling Literature and Oppressing the Flock

• greendawn
    greendawn

One can see their tactic there, they are trying to keep up the sense that the end is near so that they can keep on enticing them with the soon to be paradise, the main reason for most dubs to be in this org. Also to intimidate them with armageddon so that they will not fall out of line.

One can say: the millions that were to be delivered very soon in 1925 but instead died. The betrayed generation?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Hey, has anyone yet seen the March 1st WT? It's got a 'teaser' article in it announcing the the deliverance at hand conventions.

One of the pointers is this:

At this year's District Conventions, it will no longer be the practice to invite a member of the Governing Body to offer the Closing Prayer.

Deliverance is at hand!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit