Shunned by a JW leading a double life

by misspeaches 29 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

They are hypocrites, obviously, but it also appears that they've got powerful shoulders at the KH, or some high status, and that renders them immune to the fear of getting disfellowshipped because they are quite blatant about what they do.

• Van Gogh
    Van Gogh

Misspeaches,
    I think swalker and the others are right on the mark, BUT, curlygirl has a great point too.
    I would follow swalker's advice and try to defuse the situation. If you don't, the tactics curly mentioned might be set in motion.
    I have been in a situation recently you wouldn't believe. I can't get into any detail here - a close friend of mine could get hurt here as well.
    Over dinner with a glass of wine, I made the suggestion to somebody to read a well-known American eastern philosophy self-help book. "This person" commented on how the GB didn't allow such meditation stuff. I was stupid enough to make some off-the-cuff remarks on the relative position of the GB. I literally got 30-min pledge of allegiance to the GB. The next day this person contacted several people about me and proceeded to report me to his/her PO... Now, I could really get this person disfellowshipped (if I wanted to) in no time for something - concrete proof and all - I obviously cannot be specific about. I am powerless because my defense would take a close friend down in the process.
    I agree with inquiryman's comment that any hint of treason might present them with the opportunity to balance their behavior with assuming the role of a righteous King or priest cleaning out the idol worshippers from the temple - apart from covering their own tracks of course.
    Theo

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

peaches!! nice to see you...

At least I don't go to meetings/witnessing etc pretending to be spiritual and everything.

ya, what a jackass.

reminds me of my ex-best friend, who is still a witnoid. he is an alcoholic, and addicted to drugs (pills), and he hasn't hung out with me since i left. he said "it wouldn't be true to my faith". LOL, what a joke. "jehovah bless you dear friend!" ha ha!

TS

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

Misspeaches,

This story and some of the responses don't make sense.
    If as people say, he is so worried about being copped why would he behave in front of so many witnesses(normal sense not as in JW wistnesses) in such an unJW manner?
    The only answer I can think of is that Richard is totally confused.
    Personally I would not invite someone to my wedding that shunned his own father. If it suited him you'ed be on his shun list too.
    Your wedding day is meant to be a beautiful day and a lasting memory do you really want people there that don't deserve to be there?

• delilah
    delilah
    Miss Peaches, I think he is definitely very afraid you will "out" him. I also think he is fence sitting, he just can't decide what side he wants to be on, so he'll do as much as he can, and try not to get caught. This happened in my old congregation, with an elder. He loved the importance of being an "elder", but he hated his "lot in life", was not happily married, therefore he had an affair with two different married sisters. When he heard news that another elder in our congregation was having an affair with another married sister, elder number 1, did all he could, to investigate, and fact-find, in order to keep the heat off his own little dirty secrets. Eventually elder #2 was DF'd, and you better believe, elder #1 was over the top, making sure he properly shunned the second elder.....what a croc! He also treated me as if I was DF'd, and said nasty things to me whilst he carried on in his wayward ways. Can you say, HYPOCRITE??? I would absolutely, take him aside and chat him up on the subject of his treatment of you, clear the air. Eventually, the law of averages catches up to all, and he will be found out. You may need to reassure him, that you are not interested in what he is doing, therefore he need not fear you, but he has no right to treat you like he has been. Cheers, hun.
  • Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Someone like that deserves to be outed. Write a letter to their elders. Enclose incriminating photos if possible. They don't deserve any better.

W

• ballistic
    ballistic

Miss peaches, you seriously saying these guys do hard core drugs and sleep with other people even though they are married? They sound like they have lower morals than most people I know in the "world".

• joelbear
    joelbear

peaches, you have hit on the reason many people are involved with the JW's or religion in the first place. it gives them a psychological way to think they are better than "the world" even though they are just like everyone else with their own particular vices.

the shunning simply reinforces in his head that he is "okay" because he is a member of a preferred group.

its a game. a very silly game.

• FairMind
    FairMind

Misspeaches, you may not consider this as good advice but it is what I would do. I would view these two brothers as enemies who eventually would do something to hurt me. I would tell the congregation PO about their “sins” and advise any others who are aware of those sins to also go to the PO (do this after you have talked to the PO). Next I would tell the two brothers that the PO is now aware of their sins and they can make matters better for themselves by going to him as well. My fondest wishes would be that these two hypocrites would be DF’d. If the elders did nothing I would write the WTS (service desk). An alternative approach I might use would be to do all of the foregoing in an anonymous mode (unsigned letters to PO, Service Desk, other witnesses, two brothers…end of matter). I wouldn’t procrastinate either.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Hey misspeaches, I knew tons of guys like that in the org. before I DA'ed. They would drink their faces off, smoke pot, smoke ciggies, worship Satan or whatever else the hell they felt like doing.. but continue to put up that fake witness facade.

I feel sorry for true believer Dubs, and I think those two faced types of people are cowardly garbage. I'm glad I don't have to talk to them anymore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit