Did you criticise/expose the WTS after leaving?

by greendawn 31 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• moggy lover
    moggy lover

Not as an individual, but, yes I did. When I left the WT movement in the mid 80s I soon discovered that others had left also - but for seperate reasons. Most of us were old fogeys like myself and it took us awhile to get our act together, because we felt there was something we could do together. We started by advertising a phone message in the local paper, where an interested person could hear a brief 3 minute "talk" and we left them open to contact us if they wanted to. We pledged to uphold total annonimity. Some actually responded. We also started an evening meeting once a week where we would go through the "Paradise" book. Oddly enough, as word got around we began to get people to these meetings whose kids or spouses were locked into the movement and who wanted to know more about the group. It got to the point where we were averaging some 40 people to these meetings from all walks of life. I tell you, it was exhilarating and great fun while it lasted

Cheers

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

The kindest thing I have to say about the Witnesses is that most of them sincerely believe all that they preach; the rest of what I have to say is simply the truth, and it is scathing; so that makes me an apostate. Oh, well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit