Were you persecuted while in the WTS?

by greendawn 11 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

During your stint in the WTS were there any JWs that would regularly harass and persecute you because of jealousy or sheer malice rather than due to any "apopstate ideas?

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    Were you persecuted while in the WTS?

Without Mercy...by fellow witness women...

Jean

• calico
    calico

When I was young, I was picked on for my out of style clothes!

Picked on for having a skill....

Constantly harrassed with this statement-----"At least your husband is in the truth." Didn't matter how he was treating me!

Before I had children------"Your life is easy-you don't have children." This coming from someone with five children and I desperately wanted a baby!

Most of these I heard over and over and over............

• greendawn
    greendawn

That goes to show that they are not the truth, because they don't have the fruitage to match. They have no brotherly love but rather the earthly wisdom.

• ferret
    ferret

I remember one time I was going to punch the P.O.'s son out and he threatened to have his

dad df me, But I did it any way. He thought he had a lot of pull.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

When I came off as a regular pioneer, entirely due to ill - health, I was criticised by some in the kh, including elders who thought that, as a single sister, I should have stuck to it instead of quitting at, in their words, the first sign of trouble. I was really quite ill for several months, and was hurt by their words, but didn't really see it as persecution at the time, but looking back, I suppose it was.

• HiddenQuestioner
    HiddenQuestioner

Funny, I was always taught that persuecution was going to come from the world. So I was always on guard watching for it from sources at both school or work. Unfortunately this caused me to let my guard down with those in "the Truth". Over time no persecution came from the world but instead my JW wife (that I loved very much) turned on me and, with the truth as her "tool", slandered my name, took off with $10s of thousands in real estate equity that we had built up (this was going to be our retirement nest egg) and left me bitter and alone. Also, funny was the fact that it was only my "worldly" friends that supported me and helped me through this very difficult time in my life. I have since then rebuilt my life.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    I have since then rebuilt my life.

I'm glad you were able to rebuild your life. It isn't easy, I know...

I didn't welcome you at first, Questioner, so...

WELCOME!!

Jeannie

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I kept being persecuted by hot women who insisted on answering their doors in little to nothing!

That's a brutal thing to do to a young man who can't get away from his pesky FS partner!

• TallTexan
    TallTexan

I dealt with more backstabbing, lying, snooping, one-upsmanship, criticism, self-righteousness, and injustice while in the borg than I ever have in my employment life - and I've worked in sales...lol. I don't know if you call that persecution, but it's a fact. And for those reading this that think "oh, he's just bitter" - well, yeah. When you, your family, and your friends are regularly turned on and slandered by those from the platform claiming love and shepherding of the flock, maybe you'll be a little bitter too.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit