see any good movies lately?

by lucifer 39 Replies latest jw friends

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

"The Island" good movie from a dub's point of view.

Enjoyed the proximity dangers of two of the opposite sex talking to each other. Might have been too close.

• kls
    kls

I saw ,, Fun With Dick and Jane .My son took me on a date It was a good movie and funny.

• Dimples
    Dimples

Anyone see the movie The Island with Ewan McGregor and Scarlett Johansson? I just saw it and I liked it?

DIMPLES

• lucifer
    lucifer

when i saw the previews for the island it reminded me of the matrix a bit, lol inbyathread " might have been to close"

• Dimples
    Dimples
    "The Island" good movie from a dub's point of view.

inbyathread,

That is my feeling exactly. How they controlled everything from the way they dressed, who they could associtate with, how they kept them uneducated etc. Powerfull stuff. Guys you need to check this movie out.

DIMPLES

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

I just watched the Island. It was creepy.

I also just watched 'Memoirs of a Geisha". Great movie.

• blondie
    blondie

The Family Stone

Narnia

Walk the Line

Enjoyed all of them. Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon sing the songs. I'm a fan and it was eerie to see how close they were to the real voices.

Anyone see Syriana yet?

Blondie

• lucifer
    lucifer

walk the line how could i forget about that one?? it was sooo good, alot of similarities to Ray, but i liked how they had phoenix and weatherspoon doing the songs as well

• evita
    evita

I saw Pride and Prejudice. Thought is was good, very romantic. My friends thought it wasn't as good as the A&E version.
    Also, Capote and Good Night & Good Luck. Interesting and great performances.
    Watched Secondhand Lions and School of Rock with the kids. Fun family films.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

The God Who Wasn't There

This is a great documentary that outlines how the Jesus of the bible was based on past pagan deities.

I normally don't recommend "atheist" shows because they tend to be of poor production quality and are filled with more snide and sarcastic remarks than hard facts. The God Who Wasn't There is nothing like that. It is pure facts and logic with very good production value.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit