• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    Why are you on this board?

You can read my profile.

I felt I had to be here.

Why?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

In your attempts to be a "god-pleaser" you are walking all over the feelings of a lot of people. Since you're only here based on a "feeling", how can you be so sure that it's pleasing God?

We're here because of a common history.

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

In order to stand up and overcome feeling insecure and succeed at being myself, I can't continue to be afraid of what everybody else may think.

I can't continue to allow you or others to push me into their mold.

I am different!

Aren't you? Wouldn't you?

Hibie

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

I'm not shoving anything down your throat you know Little Toe, yet somehow you feel displeased and passionate about the subject. Why are you so angry with me?

I wish you would calm down I'm not in the mood to argue with you...which I'm not but you seem to be quarrelling with me.

Hibiscusfire

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Please continue to find yourself. In the meantime, I hope you realize your presence here is an annoyance to some of us. And if you think that's making you into a better person, you're mistaken.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Are you really so different?

Didn't Satan tempt Eve with the idea that she could be more than she was, to dare to be a little bit different? Isn't that how it goes with the modern streak of individualism?

Go on, it's only as little piece of fruit...

In fairness, I'm glad you feel you have overcome previous insecurities, are successful, and appreciate your individuality. Just don't imply or suggest that we haven't done similarly. Our very presence here demonstrates that in a way that yours does not.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Hib:
    I'm passionate about people, with a special place in my heart for those who share my past (ie exJWs) along with its hurts.

What I see all too much of, for my tastes, are people coming in here beating evangelistic drums. We're here to learn and express views, and find a little about our humanity in the process. Your opening gambit was on a par with "get over it".

Do you honestly think we haven't done any "soul searching"? Do you really think we're all "people-pleasers"?

How condescending and ignorant of your audience!

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

It's like this ok, we can't say, "I'm going to do this, and if you don't like it, that's tough—that's your problem."

Do you know that the Bible commands us to love others, and love doesn't behave the way as I mentioned above.

On the otherhand, we must not allow people to manipulate and control us to the point that we are never free to be who we are. If we do, we will always be trying to become the person we think others expect us to be.

How do you really want to be? I'm discussing not trying to anger anyone yet some of you feel I am a monster or something. But I am no monster.

Hibie

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Hib:I don't think anyone here thinks that you're a monster

As for the kind of love that you're talking about, isn't that something that should be spontaneous, rather than forced or encultured?

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Do you honestly think we haven't done any "soul searching"? Do you really think we're all "people-pleasers"?

You know what? I never even said or thought that you did! I just wanted to talk about the topic. Some people follow others because they want to feel special.

Hibie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit