Panic Crisis after talking to JW

by Genesis 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    Its normal, Genesis. You are being very brave. Its like you are coming off crack cocaine. You are bound to get the most awful panics, sweats and withdrawls. Your mood may swing wildly and you will experience lots of doubt. In all probability you will have guilt trips and dreams about it for many years

Genesis,

All of what's been said is true....but KK's post hit the hardest as far as my situation went. I began by going to a site like this, and defending my faith....until I slowly began to realize that it just couldn't BE defended by any logic at all. The final straw for me was at 3 AM by myself, to sit here and read something that blew me away. It was called Lifton's Criteria about cults and how to recognize when you are IN one without even being aware of it.

When I got to the end of it, I actually felt as if I had been kicked in the stomach by a horse and I was horribly nauseated. My whole world fell apart that day, but it DOES get better when you confront the problem head-on and deal with ALL the implications of being deliberately lied to and basing your entire life ON these clever lies.

You have a wonderful support group here, openly and through any private messages you may want to send.....it's all open for you. Most of us understand what you are experiencing, and the doubts of this not being "the truth" will diminish as you read and research the great links to the "Best Of" series that pinpoints all the things you may be wondering about. The fear will fade too, as you gather more strength and assurance of KNOWING that the WTS is nothing but a fraud. It's hard to fear a fraud that is disappearing in importance as the JWs take notice of the information highway...the internet that the WTS fears!!!

hugs,

Annie

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Welcome Genesis!

Don't ever feel alone. Anytime you need to just vent and purge all your emotions there's always someone on here browsing around.

Even if it 3 o'clock in the morning.

• greendawn
    greendawn

There is nothing wrong with exposing the truth about the watchtower cult, they are the ones that are satanic and seeking to mislead and exploit millions of people. They are certainly not the true religion, they are not even a religion really but rather an immense financial organisation.

• evita
    evita

Leaving can be a long and painful process. Some seem to make a clean break but I think most of us go through many agonizing changes as we learn the truth about the "troof".
    I went through a major depression, lots of self-doubt. Cut my long hair short like a boy, lost tons of weight. After not attending for a while I had a major crisis and went to a district convention alone to see if I was possibly making a major mistake. I felt so vulnerable, alone and isolated. I was not a witness but not a "wordling" either. A pioneer boy from another cong. ( who had never given me the time of day) was very attentive to me. I thought to myself, I could stay, marry this boy, be a good little dub wife. The reality of that scenario hit me like a ton of bricks and I never went back.
    Your feeling are perfectly normal. Take good care of yourself and try to find people who can support you through this. I wish you the best.
    Eva

• ferret
    ferret

It's like coming off a big drunk (watchtower propaganda) you wiil be hung over for a whlie

but eventually your head will clear

• evita
    evita

Leaving can be a long and painful process. Some seem to make a clean break but I think most of us go through many agonizing changes as we learn the truth about the "troof".
    I went through a major depression, lots of self-doubt. Cut my long hair short like a boy, lost tons of weight. After not attending for a while I had a major crisis and went to a district convention alone to see if I was possibly making a major mistake. I felt so vulnerable, alone and isolated. I was not a witness but not a "wordling" either. A pioneer boy from another cong. ( who had never given me the time of day) was very attentive to me. I thought to myself, I could stay, marry this boy, be a good little dub wife. The reality of that scenario hit me like a ton of bricks and I never went back.
    Your feeling are perfectly normal. Take good care of yourself and try to find people who can support you through this. I wish you the best.
    Eva

• misspeaches
    misspeaches
    When you're finished reading Crises of Conscience, read Combatting Cult Mind Control by Steven Hassan

Genesis the book that Devon McBride recommends will really help you get over these feelings. You really have been trained to react this way. This book will help you to adjust your thinking and get over those fears. See things more clearly.

Welcome to the board. Stay here for the support you need.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit