Service Meeting Week Starting January 2, 2006

by TheListener 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• xjwms
    xjwms

Oh, my

I remember just waiting for this info... rushing to make reservations

planning the whole thing... the "get togethers"

Not doing that anymore

Just got done planning my Flordia vacation in February flight - condo - and the rental car

I'd rather make those kind of plans

Listener... Thanks for posting this...

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

We used to just go to the same hotel, hang the list. They were close, comfortable, clean and affordable.

One year, Earl H. in Willits asked us about why we didn't go to the approved hotel. I simply smiled sweetly, leaned forward slowly and whispered, "bite me" in his ear.

Either his hearing is not what it should have been, or he was too embarrased to admit what I'd said, or, and more likely knowing Earl, he actually had a sense of humor. I never heard anything more about it.

List, shmist. Must these people regulate every aspect of our lives?

Jean

• kls
    kls

lol, kls, i was thinking the same thing. will it be Jacksonville or Macon this year. both exciting destinations for sure.

i preferred jacksonville

I would prefer eating lunch in a bathroom stall.lol

• sf
    sf

Just stand in the lobby handing out printed up 'material' of how many jw children die because its leaders misrepresented the secular facts that are the pillars, if not the very foundation, for the blood policy.

Get your old bookbags out folks and get out there!! Some hit the hotel. Some hit the convention entrance ways.

sKally <----please view my bookbag, klass

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    Must these people regulate every aspect of our lives?

That's the Watchtower Promise!

Dave

• mjarka911
    mjarka911

"Deliverance at Hand"? Are they getting ready to drink the kool-aid? The only thing they'll be delivered from is living their lives to the fullest until they look back at the empty promises with no time left!

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Used to be that if you got a crappy hotel from the list, you could report it to the rooming department. Now the letter comes with a disclaimer. If you have trouble with a particular hotel you are on your own.

So they force you to choose a place from their list. (not many on the list) and if you have trouble too bad for you.

wanna

• bulldozer
    bulldozer

"Deliverance at Hand" --2006

Reminds me of the book "The Kingdom is at Hand" ca. 1944

or the book "The Time is at Hand" 1889.

The Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society -- still beating the same old drum...

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

We used to have our service meetings on Wednesday night, while the rest of our area was on Thursday.

We always stayed at the posh-est hotel possible!

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

@joelbear-do u live in ga? Then u must know about the new assembly hall in conyers being built.

What about how the Society claims that they talk with the hotel staff to give us a discounts on the rooms? You think this is true?

What is the purpose of making everyone go to select hotels and whatnot? Control right? But what about this theory? You know how they always tell us to let the hotel staff know we are "one of jehovah's wittnesses" before making the reservation? You think they do this and then the convention personnel (elders, co etc) call in to get a head count of how many wittneses are in the hotel and in which rooms? Scary!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit