Are JWs the Ultimate Modern Suicide Cult?

by Gill 28 Replies latest watchtower medical

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

Suicide, trust me if the WTS had the power to, they would be murderers too.( which they are when they df you ). They would love to literally kill all apostates if it were legal. Just look at their judical committee system, reminds me of medival times. They would hang every one of us from the highest cross torture stake.

• Gill
    Gill

fahrevgnugen - I don't think that suicide cults want to die, but feel compelled to take on death or martyrdom for something they would consider ' a greater good'.

They also tend to believe that death is not the end. If you want to compare them, then you might say that an Islamic extremist believes he will be in heaven the moment he dies. A JW cult member believes that 'death would be like the blink of an eye' and they will be in the New System.

• shark attack
    shark attack

what about a catholic pope telling africans not to use condoms hence helping the spread of aids.

• greendawn
    greendawn

There never was any Kool-aid among the dubs but many of them died unnecessarily in what to outsiders appears to be a suicidal way, by refusing to accept blood transfusions. Jim Jones had around 1000 followers commit suicide at once but the WTS caused the death of many times that number of its followers through that blood ban over the 50 years that it operates.

Generally all those that died for this cult died unnecessarily because it is a bogus imitation of Christianity, an unloving and deceitful organisation.

• blondie
    blondie

I have commented on this in the past. Unless the WTS filters out most of the on-the-surface-appearing-to-be-JWs, group suicide will never get off the ground. The suicide groups you have read about had many more members in the beginning than they did at the end. Each decision, directive or order from the top that was getting more controlling, filtered out people who were not "obedient" without question.

I remember the media interviewing such members of the Heavens Gate group, and the Koresh group, why they hadn't stayed, why they left.

I do believe that the WTS has a lot more filtering to do before they have a core group that will drink poisoned koolaid without question or inject drugs or a similar device.

Blondie

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

JW's may not want to obey a suicide directive but many or most of them would. Read this word for word quote from last summer's convention (Saturday).

"There is no substitute for the Governing Body. No divine favor without it. To fail to obey is really to reject the word of Jehovah. Failing to obey is no different than divination or idolatry. Even if we are asked to perform a task that we don’t agree with, we have to obey. " Note: I did not make up these words .

Would the WT ever give a suicide directive? Other than the blood transfusion refusal, I doubt it. But who knows? As Clyde said, he would never have believed that the WT would join the UN, but they did.

• Gill
    Gill

I agree with you Blondie and Bonnie - Clyde that it would be very unlikely that the WTBTS would give and outright suicide directive. However, the life style of a lot of JWs is a form of suicide and they're all ready for martyrdom when it comes to the blood issue.

They're also ready of the death of their minor children and relatives on the same blood issue.

Everything seems to need to be taken literally in the Bible for a JW, or more so for the WTBTS. Abraham was ready to slaughter his son for God, and JWs have to be ready to allow a child of theirs to also die without blood transfusion if necessary.

The fact is, at any time of the day or night, by accident or illness, a JW, if called upon, has to be ready to say NO to blood if it is deemed necessary to save them. And they have NO choice, whatever they chose to believe to protect the asses of the GB. If they take or allow blood they are 'No Longer a Jehovah's Witness'. They are punished. They are shunned by friends and family. They are forced to commit suicide, or allow the death of a minor.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Gill

I agree with you Blondie and Bonnie - Clyde that it would be very unlikely that the WTBTS would give and outright suicide directive. However, the life style of a lot of JWs is a form of suicide and they're all ready for martyrdom when it comes to the blood issue.

They're also ready of the death of their minor children and relatives on the same blood issue.

I think you are touching on the really sad part of this issue. It is much easier for this cult to make decisions for others (like a child) than it is about martyrdom. Martyrdom is more about affecting other people. I think the blood issue for JWs is more about showing God that they are serious about their faith. The JW God doesn't know everything and needs to be shown. Their thinking is more like "look at me, I'm sacrificing my child, God has to know I'm serious now".

D Dog

• slugga
    slugga
    go home and kill your wife and your childeren, knowing that this was the last test would you do it. I was told yes they would by everyone of them.

What and no one pointed out it contradicts biblical teaching ?

Matt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit