Any gamers out there?

by dinah 42 Replies latest social entertainment

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

I'm a gamer for life! I started on an old Commadore 64 computer, you know the one that you had to program your game in before you could play it? Then came the NES, some of you here know what I mean.....SuperBecka, I'm looking at you. Then came SuperNES, and an N64. Goldeneye on my N64 nearly made me wet my pants.

I currently have a PS2, Gamecube, and yes I have an XBox 360 w/ a new HD TV. Let me tell you guys, HD gaming is phenomenal!

I'm also a Halo dork!

Anybody else on XBox Live? If you are my gamertag is waspforhire. Hit me up with an invite and we'll play!

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

I forgot my list of favorite games...........

Goldeye, Legend of Zelda (any one of them, but especially Ocarana of Time), Socom US Navy Seals 1 and 2, Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo 2 online, Splinter Cell, SC Pandora Tommorrow, SC Chaos Theory, Battlefield 2: Modern Combat, Call of Duty 2, Perfect Dark for N64, Perfect Dark for XBox 360, Brothers in Arms. (I play entirely too many war based games, but it really helps my paintball abilities!)

That makes me wonder.....any other paintballers here?

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka
    Then came the NES, some of you here know what I mean.....SuperBecka, I'm looking at you. Then came SuperNES, and an N64. Goldeneye on my N64 nearly made me wet my pants.

I'm right there with ya, jeeprube, I'm a total Nintendo geek!! I still have my old NES and yes, it still works if I blow in the cartridges and jiggle them around a little when I put them in the console. Ahh, gotta love the NES . I'll have to post a picture of myself in my Nintendo t-shirt sometime!!

I missed the SNES, my parents refused to get it for me when I was younger - "You already have a Nintendo, you don't need a new one" - but I do have a N64, like I said, and GoldenEye64 is definitely my FAVOURITE game for it!! I'm a James Bond geek anyway, I love all of the movies, so to be able to actually BE James Bond was a total Bond geek's dream!!

Ahh, video games... excuse me, ladies and gentlemen, I'm gonna go fire up the XBox for a while, I'm suffering from withdrawal!!

-Becka :)

• ballistic
    ballistic

Hi Becka

How on earth did you first decide that blowing in the cartridges might make them work??? That's what I want to know!!!!

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka

Hi Becka

How on earth did you first decide that blowing in the cartridges might make them work??? That's what I want to know!!!!

Well, duh, you gotta get the dust out of 'em somehow!! And hey, it tends to make other things work, too, right??

You just like to talk about girls and blowing in the same sentence, am I right??

-Becka :)

• ballistic
    ballistic
    You just like to talk about girls and blowing in the same sentence, am I right??

haha! MEEE? With MY reputation?

I must admit, the strangest things work sometimes. I got called over to a mate's to fix his computer and figured it was just too cold in his garage. So I pointed a fan heater into it for 5 minutes and it fixed the memory errors.

• DigitalFokus
    DigitalFokus

I am also a big gamer. I haven't been lately since i have been working and concentrating on my big move.

I started with Atari, then got my Nintendo at the age of 11, then have owned the SuperNes, N64 (goldeneye owned), Sega Genisis, Dreamcast (sucked), PS1 and ps2 and just recently lost my Xbox to my roomate on a bet, **damnit!** we play the xbox on our 50" Plasma and love IT. Play Starwars battlefront 1 and now 2. I loved halo but about 4 years ago I was introduced into the world of PC gaming and don't really find the time for consoles anymore.

IMHO PC gaming is far supieror to consoles besides the fact that it very expensive to keep up with all the new gaming hardware, which i do. Unfortuneatly my computer has more into it than both my cars (whats that say about the value of my wheels..lol)

I currently play Battlefield 2, C & C Generals, CS:source, HL2, Quake 4, and most of FPS that come out. I mainly play Battlefield 2 for the Graphics and the Aieral combat. ON sundays (my only day to game pretty much) I play in a Massive tournement for BF2. So i get semi serious in that game. I am very competative in whatever i do.

To me gaming is a way to escape the rigors of everyday life and relax and kill some peeps. hehe

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Ok if you are going to get into old style Nintendo, I will admit to some favorites:

Zelda,
    Metroid
    Dragon Warrior
    Arkinoid (sp?)
    Mega Man

Well those are the ones I can remember at least, this is what I did with my son while he was growing up. We went with Nintendo through several re-inventions including gameboys, and finally got into PlayStation right before he left home. My ex-husband used to yell at me to GROW UP! People who don't play just don't get it.

I really don't get much chance to play anymore there are so many other things to do. I tell you what, though, if I were single I would be on there a lot more! But its not worth it just to play. Had to think there for a minute! LOL

Can't believe I'm the only Final Fantasy player here! Right now I'm revisiting FF VIII.

Sherry

• Swan
    Swan
    So is Morrowind a good RPG? I haven't ever tried it.

I found the game of the year edition for $29.99. It includes the original Elder Scrolls and the two expansion packs. So is that worth it do you think? I don't know how fun a game can be with the word "Elder" in its title!

Also, I found Bard's Tale for $19.99. I played the original about 15 years ago. Is the new version any good?

Tammy

• daystar
    daystar

Swan

I've really enjoyed Morrowind. It's very, very open-ended (eg. not a linear storyline), and you may play the main plot, or any or all of the subplots, or absolutely none at all, and still progress your character's skills, levels, etc.

You might do a Google search and check out the websites for it to see if the screenshots, etc make you feel like it would be worth your $.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit