How much time does the WTBT$$ have left?

by TallTexan 24 Replies latest jw friends

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I overheard from a district overseer that the rate of young ones (under 20) who "fall away" from the truth is about 80% in his district.
    NOW can you see why the Society is so frantic about college?

• wanda
    wanda

Interesting comments. What goes up can come down even faster thanks to modern communications. The ship is definitely going down and it's because the top men on the governing body oppose changes and appoint as their successors those who also oppose change. When you can't change you're dying.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

There is an interesting thing that happens when you have an organization, administration, or family head who tries to maintain the status quo in the face of a changing world: They become ever more insecure because they are losing control and this impells them to take ever stricter measures to make themselves feel like they are still in power. Everyone else plays along for a while, but eventually, as their power fades, they begin to lose their legitimacy of authority. When that happens, the only thing that can retain that legitimacy is a change in policy that accomodates the changed world and, in turn, respects the newer generation and what they need to live a healthy and happy life. If they don't do this, the organization's rules (or laws) become obsolete and they fade into obscurity.

The Society has been fading into obscurity for a good couple of decades now and that is why they cannot retain the younger generation.

• wanda
    wanda

Interesting....

The governing body need to change but are too scared too do so significantly so they just make what changes they can without upsetting the mentally unbalanced guys they fear may turn on them, the Anti-Reformers listening in the darkness and ready to bring down anyone looking like they want real reforms.

This little status quo will therefore continue while the organization itself hemmorhages profusely and vomits out disenchanted youth, the many disgusted Babyboomers (born about 1945-50) who came in largely thanks to the little blue TRUTH book, and everybody else too.

Ex-elders here and there and a few active elders, and caring individual males and females who never were elders, will congeal or work independently to provide fellowship without organization.

The Watchtower Society is imploding, choking on itself, its lack of change. Most who remain are voting by their checkbook, meaning cutting donations of time and money. Even before it's 90% dead a snake still is dying when it's 30% dead which is what my eyes are seeing.

Those hanging to the ship still include good people good despite the ship being so bad and decayed, but with time fewer and fewer of those will bother to go out to the kingdom halls, preferring to give their time to help their families.

The tendencies are there, and they are accelerating fast. It would be so nice if more of the information we know could somehow get to internet readers in Mexico and Brazil where newcomers are still being found so much.

Informed, they too can leave faster and faster.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW, you two guys reading this for the Watchtower every hour, be sure you go tell Jaracz and his gang to communicate with their little "opus dei" type pedophile supporters about the internal and external "cult stalking" jazz or seraphing. You know, it gets old and it can only inspire and backfire.

• Axelspeed
    Axelspeed

I stated my comments above, well just because. There is no way I believe those things will really happen.

They need to evolve or go through the process of evolution. Take for example the animal kingdom and evolution (if you believe in it). Animals themselves do not have it within themselves to evolve. In other words, if my short-faired dog is suddenly tossed into the artic, he himself cannot suddenly grow the coat of an alaskan dog to adapt to the environment. He is what he is. His DNA is already set. He will only pass on the capability to evolve to his offspring, and then they will adapt over time. If the suceeding offspring do not evolve fast enough, they become extinct.

Only those who are born with a more insular coat of hair will survive (survival of the fittest). If they cannot evolve fast enough, they become extinct. If they can, they survive, but in a different form. Obviously this takes a lot of time.

The internet has greatly shortened the time they need to adapt or evolve. The current leaders of the WT do not have it within themselves to adapt...they cannot suddenly change their spots. Maybe the future leaders can, but the time needed for a successful evolution has become very, very short.

They are being tossed into the cold without a coat. The current leadership is showing it will not evolve. And only time will tell whether the org goes the way of the dinosaur or can truly evolve...and if it has the time it will take?

Axel

• Genesis
    Genesis

jeannie said : Another group of people are the younger witnesses who get off on feeling superior to everyone else. They thrive on the possibility of actually seeing the rotting corpses of people they know and work with everyday who have 'rejected the message'. There will always be sickos, I suppose. I was one of those sickos,and perhaps I was the most sickos of them. I was "spiritual" and made no compromise. But I was the only one young sicko in my congregation. I found it interesting that how sicko I was, I suceeded anyway to leave the Borg. The non-sickos youngs are still in it physically but no mentally. The Borg will die slowly... cause any attacks that it faced, it says it is a sign of "The last days" and people are like : yeah we will not forsake the "Truth"...

• ocsrf
    ocsrf

WT could go on for sometime. The Eygptian religion went of for several centuries, they lived and died thinking and worrying about an after life. Witnesses want to live forever, just like those Eygptians, not any different when you think about it. The Eyptians use to build for the most part useless pyrmids used for burrying one or two dead persons, the Witnesses spend their life carrying out what a few men tell them to do. Build Kingdom halls, preach about faulty doctrines, etc..

The WT has lost many members in the past, but this does not mean they will die, they might just learn to operate on a different level. They have enough in real estate to last them for many years if they decide to sell of this and that to help fund the organization, don't forget that when many of the older ones die they sometimes leave their earthly assets to the Society, so don't put you hopes to high that they will somehow disappear.

I understand that there are still Quakers, who would of thought they would have survived this long. Catholics have had plenty of problems that most of us would think would have killed them off as a religion. Preists molesting alter boys, endorsing war on both sides of the line, they have had attendance problems and also problems getting people to be Preists and nuns, but somehow they are able to continue.

OC

• greendawn
    greendawn

The apostates can cause them serious harm whatever the case may be with how long they can survive, by exposing their true nature we speed up their downfall.

• ackack
    ackack

My guess is that realistically, on its current course, in 50 years their current membership will be halved. Trying to predict this is obvisouly very difficult, as doctrinal change could greatly sway it one way or the other.

ackack

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I hope to live to see it go altogether, but I have my doubts. As has been said, there are many diehards in the congregations, people who have spent their entire lives in the org, and they won't give up easily, if at all. I would think that the current trend of falling meeting attendances will continue, and many young ones will leave the org altogether, but the wt will continue for some time yet.

After all, many have lived through 1975, the generation change, the society's secret UN membership and the child abuse scandals, and are still going strong, those ones will take some shaking. I know people like that, and I really can't think of anything short of the gb admitting they are liars that will prise them out, and we all know the gb will never do that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit