Tips on going to Jamaica????

by Tatiana 11 Replies latest jw friends

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    Ganga is available and you will be asked regularly to imbibe.

And did you partake in the natural resource, Minimus?

• rebel8
    rebel8

I had 2 scary situations when I was in Jamaica, 1 in Ocho Rios on the falls. I went behind the falls with a guide, only a few feet away from my friends but they couldn't hear me yelling. Had I not kicked him you-know-where, I think I would have been raped.

That was in the '80s. About 5 yrs ago I returned and it had degraded. Lots more crime. It is a very, very beautiful place. You can have a good time if you stay with your friends and don't get drunk in public--save that for the hotel grounds--drunk=defenseless. Don't go off the beaten track.

If you're not staying at a major resort, be prepared for less security and more giant roaches. I'm not familiar with your hotel name so maybe it's ok. I've heard over and over again ppl recommending staying only at major resorts in Jamaica, this from travelers, travel agents, local police, and from the locals themselves. The big resorts have security guards who patrol. They have private beaches that are patrolled to keep criminals out. I stayed at a small hotel 1 night and couldn't sleep. Way too scary. Had another groping incident the next day on small hotel's beach.

Be sure to bring back a ton of coffee if you can. Jamaica Blue Mountain coffee is considered the best in the world and is one of the most expensive blends to buy--but much cheaper when you get it in Jamaica. The Blue Mountain liquor is awesome too.

If you go to Mo Bay do not advertise you are an exJW, fader, etc. at the Pelican Restuarant.

No way! I remember going to that restaurant several times in the '80s as a dub but didn't know of any JW connections at that time. They had great food! They told me how to make some of the dishes and I still make them to this day. Rice and beans sustained me through my lean college days. Fried plantain...mmmmm!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit