I have a Question?

by Third Eye Open 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Third Eye Open
    Third Eye Open

Thank you PeacefulPete and everybody who has welcomed me to the forum! Yea the elder told me almost the exact same thing, that's freighting! They just want to take away your ability to think. Stay away from all these areas and read the watchtower. I've been doing that all my life and I've been miserable. When questioning something or someone you need to have both sides and then with your common sense and thinking capacity decide which one is correct.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

You'll be fine, be true to yourself.

• dj_white_rice
    dj_white_rice

This topic as with others here have all been very interesting to read, but I am a bit confused.

Is this a JW's forum or not. It's kinda difficult to tell.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Almost the whole doctrinal structure of the JWs is rotten, they keep changing their doctrines but they never get it right, so how can they be trusted in anything? What was the truth in Rutherford's days is now, mainly, false teachings.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

white rice..everyone is permittd to speak here as long as they are not offensively rude. Welcome.

• Clam
    Clam

Welcome third eye. By the way, talking of other cults, does anyone have the link or the name for the splinter group of JWs who believe that the WTS will be destroyed by God? I read their stuff some time ago; they questioned all the times of tribulation pointers saying it was yet to start.

• mdb
    mdb
    I am still going to meetings because I have not built up the courage to just walk away (I have no friends on the outside and am just financially not able to live on my own if all came down to me leaving). At the longest it will be the summer/fall of 2007 when I leave because then I will have my degree and I can just get a job, move and never be seen again.

If you know the truth and want to follow the true Christ of the Bible, leave the WTS. Don't remain in the devil's lie when God has shown you the way (that would be to deny Him).

“If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple.
    Luke 14:26

God takes care of His children and if you are his disciple, you are safe in His arms and shouldn't have any worry about leaving. You should rejoice in doing so.

Then He said to His disciples, “Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; nor about the body, what you will put on. Life is more than food, and the body is more than clothing. Consider the ravens, for they neither sow nor reap, which have neither storehouse nor barn; and God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds? And which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature? If you then are not able to do the least, why are you anxious for the rest? Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. If then God so clothes the grass, which today is in the field and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, how much more will He clothe you, O you of little faith? “And do not seek what you should eat or what you should drink, nor have an anxious mind. For all these things the nations of the world seek after, and your Father knows that you need these things. But seek the kingdom of God, and all these things shall be added to you. “Do not fear, little flock, for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom. Sell what you have and give alms; provide yourselves money bags which do not grow old, a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches nor moth destroys. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
    Luke 12:22-34

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Hi 3rd eye....welcome. I was a JW for 26 years and just broke free only 3 months ago. I can tell you that it is very hard to break free because of these teachings.

Jesus is the son rather than part of a trinity but a creation

the paradise earth

the ransom sacrifice and all it entails

the soul is not immortal

God's name is Jehovah and he's greater than Jesus

Hell is not hot and the dead are in a sleep in Sheol or Hades

the kingdom is a real Government

So to me, in order for these teachings to shine above the other religions, which they do, there must have been some with God's spirit. I feel Raymond Franz had God's spirit and Russell. Also probably some of the disfellowshipped lot in 1980 had God's spirit. But the concept of a governing body is WRONG and the cultish control of the members is WRONG. So they have made themselves into a GOLDEN CALF. I actually feel, myself, that they have turned themselves into the EVIL SLAVE.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Welcome, Third Eye Open!

Forscher said:

The Unitarians also don't believe in the trinity doctrine. You might be interested to know that one of the board of directors who went to prison with Rutherford later left the organization and became a Unitarian.
    I didn't know that!

The Unitarians of today barely identify as Christians at all - they ditched all notions of creed back in the 1960's, and ended up merging with the Univeralists who were traveling the same road.

Many UU's (as they call themselves) identify as agnostic or atheist, others as Buddhist, Jewish or Pagan; others still identify as Christian.

They don't even insist on strict unitarianism any more; for them the trinity is a non-issue. Mostly they believe in intellectual honesty and the Golden Rule.

I was a UU for seven years post-jaydub - wasn't ready for atheism when I saw I had to make my escape. It's a great place to have a religious breakdown for support when you're exploring your spirituality. I only left because I underwent some more spiritual mutation and they were no longer weird enough for me.

But I digress: there's nothing about UU that would prevent you from taking your core beliefs with you.

gently feral

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

Third Eye, by pursuing a degree you're on the right path. It sounds like you may just have to suck it up long enough to graduate. You've got it together man, much more than I did when I was younger.

In the mean time, stick around here. I have found much encouragement and insight from many of the posters here. Far from the hateful, spite filled "apostates" the WTS rants about, most here seem concerned and kind. It's almost like stumbling into a Jehovah's Witness Anonamous meeting.

Hi, I'm JeepRube, and I'm a Jehovah's Witness.............

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit