I have a Question?

by Third Eye Open 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Third Eye Open
    Third Eye Open

Hi Everyone, I am supposed to meet with an elder tonight. I met several times with him before going over questions (My mother thinks he will restore my evil thinking). Anyway we have already gone over all of the basics (1874,1914,607 no answer for this one, the UN and everything else). It finally boils down to: But they have correct bible teachings, if everything else is not perfect atleast they have the core ideas right! Anyway that's still not good enough, I have been studying the bible and the deeper I get the more it seems like a load of crap! (Sorry for those of you who believe in it, that is just my opinion :)) So What I'm getting at is there any religion that does not believe in the trinity? And then somewhat similar to ours! Thank you!

• Satanus
    Satanus

The muslims and mormons don't believe in a trinity. I don't iether.

S

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Welcome to the forum!

I've heard tell of a group called The Bible Students, based on the original CT Russel teachings. (Minus the pyramid, presumably!) Someone on here might be able to get you the link.

But while you're throwing out the bathwater... you might want to hash out all your current doctrines with a more diverse group than JW's. (Like us!) You'd be amazed at how little true scriptural support there is for the beliefs JWs hold. (Experience talking, I bought it all for 20 years)

BTW, the elders are likely to ask you some version of "Do you believe Jehovah's Witnesses are god's organization, headed up by the faithful and discreet slave?" Any non-Yes answer to that question is likely to lead to you being DF'd for apostasy. So be careful. Be evasive if lying isn't your thing, but don't tell them "No" unless you don't mind getting booted.

Dave

• Legolas
    Legolas

Welcome to the board!

I think it is all crap!

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    What I'm getting at is there any religion that does not believe in the trinity

Not to many. And that is because the trinity-doctrine is the best overall interpretation of the Bible on the issue of Gods nature, and the relationship between God, Jesus and the holy Spirit. But for some reason, most ex-JWs can`t swallow or understand this doctrine. (ok, so now you can unleash hell on me...)

• Jourles
    Jourles

Going along with another thread right now, ask him if you were to sport a beard would you would lose your privileges.(that's assuming you are a bro) Make him show you from the bible why you would lose your privs.

• Third Eye Open
    Third Eye Open

Thanks Dave, yeah I know, They have no Proof using the bible, I know what this religion is. I've been learning all about it this last year, i am only meeting with this guy just to please my mom. At the same time I find his answers Hilarious! And also, I am very careful with what I say, I am very paranoid, in fact i have this one snake, that thinks he's my friend that saw some of my old Russel books and some notes (snooping basterd) and I have been trying just tell him it's all ok nothing is happening bla bla, for the moment I have him fooled.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi Thirdeyeopen, welcome to the forum!

In addition to the Bible students, Christadelphians, Biblical Unitarians and "The Way International" don't believe in the Trinity.

• Satanus
    Satanus

It's easy to see that the nt is trying to say that jesus was god. Imo, john 1:1 ends that argument, if you undertsand what it is actually saying. The bible holy spirit is god, of course. Whether it is a person or whatever is another discussion. So, if you don't get into the holy spirit aspect, you are not really getting into the trinity, as jesus and god make only two, a duo.

The problem w jws is that they aren't really christians. They are an ot jewish psuedo christian cult. Talk about christ too much, and you're out.

S

• Balsam
    Balsam

Third Eye Open,

Sounds like your on the right track doing research. Just because your young you don't have to be ignorant. Young people are good at asking good questions of Elders. You'll have him scratching his head. Hope your not baptized. Good luck to you.

Balsam

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit