Something I wonder.......

by DaveNwisconsin 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• greendawn
    greendawn

There is no doubt that one of the major selling points of this organisation is the promise that those following obediently the FDS will escape death due to the proximity of the end.

In 1995 with the generation change the lure of this promise ceased to have its usual effect for many JWs, the end could be near but also far it was no longer definitely near.

• anewme
    anewme

The time of death is a very personal time.
    It is between the person dying and God.

It has nothing to do with anyone else, not children, husbands, wives, or friends.
    It is a deeply private time.

Since we are all one day closer to our deaths everyday, we should take seriously the need to contemplate and meditate on the very important issues and live our lives in a way to be counted worthy of remembrance.

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

My mother in her 60's still believes she will walk into the paradise through Armeggedon. There are times though when questioned she says even if she dies she will be resurrected into the paradise.

I'm just so thankful now at 31 yoa that I am living my life, not sitting and waiting for something that isn't happening. It's so sad. My only wish is that my mother in her lifetime would actually awaken to the idea that it's all been a sham, although I know the reality of it would probably kill her.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit