Hi from Perth, Western Australia

by Jon Evans 28 Replies latest jw friends

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

We better not steal John's thread but it was boxing day and the news gave the impression that the whole country got dumped! (global warming etc)

Can't trust the media.

Yes cold drinks required here. MMMM beer.

• Aiesha Harley
    Aiesha Harley

That's the trouble with this mad country - little bit of snow sends the whole country into blind panic - anyone would think it never snows ! We even got told one year by the rail company that the trains were delayed because it was the wrong type of snow !

Sorry Jon, big Welcome !

• Es
    Es

Hey John how are you??? Welcome to the board. What part of Perth are you from i know quite a few JW there wonder if you know them???

es

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

G'Day mate

• deeskis
    deeskis

welcome to the forum. there's some very interesting information, and good support. never been to wa, it's on the list.........

D

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Jon and Welcome Aboard, mate!

Enjoy your stay here - there's plenty of the downunder mob here too!

Cheers, Ozzie

• Jon Evans
    Jon Evans

Hi All

Thanks for the, umm.. warm welcome! Yeah... for some reason (signs of the times, perhaps) the east coast is having insanely hot weather and bad fires but where real people live, here in the west, :-) we've had the coolest (almost cold) December since records began... mmm... go figure... it's normally stupidly hot here too... but it's cool and pleasent... fine by me... :-)

Hi Es, North of the River, Joondanna was the last congo... try some names, by PM if that's more appropriate...

Cheers, Jon

• Stress Free
    Stress Free

Welcome to the forum Jon, it's good to have another aussie on board. Best of luck in finding some of your old friends, hopefully a few of them by now are ex j dubs. I travel to Perth twice a year on business and I reckon it's the second best City in Australia with Sydney being number one of course.

• Ellie
    Ellie

Hi Jon, welcome to the forum.

I wish we did get snow in Wales, sadly not where I live, its just rain and freezing cold.

• GreenDragon
    GreenDragon

Hi Jon

Welcome to the forum. I'm from Perth too.

:)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit