Hi from Perth, Western Australia

by Jon Evans 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Jon Evans
    Jon Evans

Hi - Looks like an interesting place!

I was in the JW's till about 1999 in Perth. I sort of thought the advice "never complain and never explain" was appropriate, so I just stopped going to the KH!

I never told anyone why, and it sort of leaves me a bit sad to have just cut contact with so many decent people (and a few indecent, too) so I was wondering if anyone I knew then might be here?

If so, maybe you'd like to send us a PM or an email to [email protected] ... be good to catch-up!

Best regards, Jon

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi Jon, welcome to the forum!

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

Welcome to the Forum!

YC

• Triple A
    Triple A

Hi Jon,

Welcome to the JWD. Never in the KH in Perth, but I have visited your wonderful city. Went wine tasting on the Swan River.

Triple A

• Jon Evans
    Jon Evans

Hi All - Thanks so much Seredipity & YoursChelbie!

AAA... wine tasting on the Swan? There's nothing better in life! :-) We live in the Swan Valley which is a major wine growing area. Glad you enjoyed this fair city! I've been as far as LAX in Ca, and got lost :-)

Cheers, Jon

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

G'Day John

The only jws I knew in the west came from Byron Bay in the early nineties, initials L&J Y

. Perth I think

Welcome anyhow

• Aiesha Harley
    Aiesha Harley

Hi there

Still a Newbie here myself but it's great !

Haven't been to Australia but i'll bet it's flipping well warmer over there than it is here !

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Aiesha

How 'bout 32 degrees and the ocean is 28 or so.

Heard it's been snowing your way

• Aiesha Harley
    Aiesha Harley

mmm, well it snows in the North of England and I think they've got some in Wales and obviously Scotland but us Southerners get about a millimetre of snow a year if we're lucky, that happened on Boxing Day (I think). We're kind of inbetweeny down here - lots of rain though which is great for the garden, and ducks.

• Aiesha Harley
    Aiesha Harley

Oh to be in the baking sun with a nice tall drink.......oh well, soon be summer here, I wish.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit