Babilonian captivity VS Jerusalem destruction

by Shazard 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• scholar
    scholar

reaper

You also have the facts wrong. The Divided Monarchy with the remaining Judean king Zedekiah brought to end the Two Tribe kingdom thus beginning the Gentile Times in 607 BCE. This period was foretold to last by Daniel a period of seven times or 2520 years expiring in 1914 CE. The Gentile Times no longer involve a literal city Jerusalem as in earliest times but now its antitype, heavenly Jerusalem with the setting up of the Kingdom made up of spiritual Israel in 1914.

scholar JW

• reaper
    reaper

Jehoiakim became King in 607 Bc as a vassel King of Pharaoh Necho.

604 Neb took over Jerusalem, and Jehoiakim was a servant for 3 years.

Beb lays seige to Jerusalem in 588

Temple destroyed in 586

70 years of desolation starts in 585.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

The revision of history by the Chronicler about 140 years in to the Persian period grossly misrepresented what happened in the land during the Exile. There have been a number of well documented books recreating the period using archaeology and texts which reveal that life for the peasantry continued as it had before. Cities continued to function and farmers continued to farm. This makes much more sense. Why would a conquering power take everyone in a nation hostage and leave the land without farmers and buisnesses to tax? It was in the interest of the Zoroastrian priests and elite (eg.Nehemiah a Zoroastrian in the King's court sent to institute religious reforms) to cast themselves as the rightful rulers, denying the land's culture and cult as Cannanites.

• LittleToe
  • reaper
    reaper

I know all about your WT nonsense, but ALL the prophecies refer to literal Jerusalem. Check the FACTS about 1917, they make far more sense than Russells non existant heavenly rapture in 1914, about all of the other stuff the Society keeps pumping out. NO secular authority will agree with the WT dates of Jerusalems destruction.

1917 fits the prophecy to a T. Check it out if want to be enlightened from the WT deception.

A brilliant web site lists the whole account of 1917 and since. Type in Dr Gratten Guiness, and the site is new covenant ministries.

I have tried to copy and paste the article, but I do not sem to be able to copy and paste anything onto this forum. When I right click, nothing happens. I could have pasted the whole article, but it would not work.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    You also have the facts wrong. The Divided Monarchy with the remaining Judean king Zedekiah brought to end the Two Tribe kingdom thus beginning the Gentile Times in 607 BCE. This period was foretold to last by Daniel a period of seven times or 2520 years expiring in 1914 CE. The Gentile Times no longer involve a literal city Jerusalem as in earliest times but now its antitype, heavenly Jerusalem with the setting up of the Kingdom made up of spiritual Israel in 1914.

Once again, poor little 'scholar' is wrong. (No change there.) This funny little numerological twist in Watchtower Society doctrine is full of problems.

• Daniel did not at all foretell this period to last 2520 years; he said the tree represented Nebuchadnezzar, and that he would be driven away for 7 years; Daniel made no mention or suggestion of any other application.
    • The 'Gentile Times', from Luke 21:20-24 could not refer to any period prior to 70AD because Jesus referred to a future event (using the Greek baseword 'esomai'), and the words used do not allow for a period that had already begun.
    • Beginning a period of 2520 years at the end of Zedekiah's reign of Judah is said to be based on Ezekiel 21:25-27; this is faulty as those verses refer to Israel, not Judah, and Ezekiel 37:15-23 confirms that Ezekiel understood the two to be distinct from one another.
    • The heavenly kingdom supposedly set up in heaven in October of 1914 was too late in the year to have been responsible for the ousting of Satan from heaven that supposedly sparked World War I. Every step of the doctrine is error-ridden.
  • Shazard
    Shazard

As I told, IF you believe Bible... as we see, JW are not even able to believe what Bible says without throwing in "scholars" which supports their believes. BTW where do you get 537 year as end of Babilon?

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

The tree dream of Nebuchadnezzer pertains to the Universal Sovereignty of God as expressed by means of the Kingdom as shown in Daniel 4:17.

Luke 21:24 certainly shows because of the expression that Jerusalem 'will be being trampled' shows that this verbal action had already commenced continuing into the future.

Ezekiel 21:25-27 certainly applied to Judah with the overthrow of that monarchy with its last king Zedekiah in 607 BCE. It could not apply to the Israel as the ten tribe kingdom because its monarchy ceased in 740 BCE.

The kingdom of God was set up in 1914 and was marked by the ousting of Satan and all the woes on the earth can be traced to the momentous events of that fateful year.

scholar JW

• ackack
    ackack

I don't get it. The war started in July. This supposed ouster occured in October. How is that cause and effect?

ackack

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    The tree dream of Nebuchadnezzer pertains to the Universal Sovereignty of God as expressed by means of the Kingdom as shown in Daniel 4:17.

Your allegation here is problematic, as in the secondary (flawed) interpretation God takes the place of Nebuchadnezzar, destroying the context of God in verse 17. The point of verse 17 is that God had permitted Nebuchadnezzar to have authority, and becomes meaningless if God allows God to have authority.

Luke 21:24 certainly shows because of the expression that Jerusalem 'will be being trampled' shows that this verbal action had already commenced continuing into the future.

This is not what is indicated in the original text.

Ezekiel 21:25-27 certainly applied to Judah with the overthrow of that monarchy with its last king Zedekiah in 607 BCE. It could not apply to the Israel as the ten tribe kingdom because its monarchy ceased in 740 BCE.

Actually the ten tribe kingdom ended closer to 719BC. Aside from that, regardless of what you may try to suggest, Ezekiel explicitly says Israel, not Judah.

The kingdom of God was set up in 1914 and was marked by the ousting of Satan and all the woes on the earth can be traced to the momentous events of that fateful year.

You like to ignore the October bit when it suits you. Irrespective of your desire to mask the facts, nothing at all happened "with great suddenness" in October 1914. The "woes" of 1914 can be traced to European socio-political situations that had been forming over many many years, not some sudden supernatural event that supposedly happened several months after the war started.

But back to the initial post in this thread... I have pointed out to 'scholar' previously that there was more than one exile, but he prefers to ignore that fact unless convenient to him. Incidentally, I had not examined the book of Ezekiel closely when forming my detailed chronology of the period, however I have just verified that everything fits perfectly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit