Maybe you can help ... my queste for 17+ years ...

by Vivamus 38 Replies latest jw friends

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

hey that's spooky cuz there is a movie scene I remember from very young childhood and wish I knew what the movie was. There was a desert or vast plain with a huge tree in it standing all alone. a few people, or possibly just one, were standing near the tree. suddenly a huge tsunami wave starts rolling towards them. they dash up the tree. the whole plain is now like a lake.

scared the living sh*t outta me. maybe it was some biblical movie, I don't know.

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

Viv - that's the same site I read about Camille.

Curses!! What is that movie? She's in the bed....he picks her up in his arms....she says to wants to see the sun one last time...he carries her to the french door/window...you see the sun setting on the countryside....

arrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh..what is that movie?

• Bronte
    Bronte

The movie is Wuthering Heights: http://www.filmsite.org/wuth.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After Edgar leaves, Heathcliff runs up and sneaks into Cathy's room, and together they share one of the most memorable, luminous deathbed scenes ever filmed. There, they pledge their enduring, undying love and become reconciled after so many years of mutual unhappiness and bitterness:

Cathy: Heathcliff. Come here.
    Heathcliff: Cathy...
    Cathy: I was dreaming that I wake up before I die, that you might come and scowl at me once more.
    Heathcliff: Cathy...
    Cathy: Oh, Heathcliff. Oh how strong you look. How many years do you mean to live after I'm gone? (They passionately hug and kiss each other, finally revealing their truest emotions to each other) Don't, don't let me go. If I could only hold you until we were both dead. Will you forget me when I'm in the earth?
    Heathcliff: I could as soon forget you with my own life, Cathy, if you die.
    Cathy: Boy, Heathcliff. Come. Let me feel how strong you are.
    Heathcliff: Strong enough to bring us both back to life, Cathy, if you want to live.
    Cathy: No, Heathcliff, I want to die.
    Heathcliff: Oh Cathy, why did you kill yourself?
    Cathy: Hold me. Just hold me.
    Heathcliff: Oh, and love comfort you. My tears don't love you, Cathy. They blight and curse and damn you!
    Cathy: Heathcliff, don't break my heart.
    Heathcliff: Oh Cathy, I never broke your heart. You broke it! Cathy! Cathy! You loved me! What right to throw love away for the poor fancy thing you felt for him, for a handful of worthiness. Misery and death and all the evils that God and man could have ever done would never have parted us. You'd be better alone. You wandered off like a wanton, greedy child to break your heart and mine.
    Cathy: Heathcliff, forgive me. We've so little time.

When Ellen warns that Mr. Linton is returning, Heathcliff vows to stay with Cathy as her strength ebbs. He hears her claim that he was always the only man she ever loved:

Heathcliff: I won't go, Cathy. I'm here. I'll never leave you again.
    Cathy: I told you, Ellen. When you went away that night in the rain, I told you I belonged to him, that he was my life, my being.
    Ellen: Don't listen to her ravings.
    Cathy: It's true. It's true. I'm yours, Heathcliff. I've never been anyone else's.
    Ellen: She doesn't know what she's saying. You can still get out. Go before they get here.
    Cathy: Take me to the window. Let me look at the moors with you once more, my darling. Once more.

Heathcliff carries her in his arms to the window, where they look out on the moors and the Crag where they played together as children. Before slumping into his arms after breathing her last breath, they make a pact to be together for eternity. She promises to wait for him there in death until they are reunited again one day:

Heathcliff, can you see the Crag over there where our castle is? I'll wait for you 'til you come.

When Dr. Kenneth enters the bedroom with Edgar, Heathcliff tells them: "Leave her alone - she's mine." While they pray for Cathy's soul, a distraught Heathcliff gives an impassioned plea to his deceased beloved to haunt him for the rest of his days. He wishes that he won't have to suffer a long separation:

Ellen: Oh my wild heart! Miss Cathy. She's gone! She's gone!
    Dr. Kenneth: You've done your last black deed, Heathcliff. Leave this house.
    Edgar: She's at peace now, in Heaven beyond us.
    Heathcliff: What do they know of Heaven or Hell, Cathy, who know nothing of life? Oh, they're praying for you, Cathy. I'll pray one prayer with them - I repeat 'til my tongue stiffens - Catherine Earnshaw, may you not rest so long as I live on! I killed you. Haunt me, then! Haunt your murderer! I know that ghosts have wandered on the Earth. Be with me always. Take any form, drive me mad, only do not leave me in this dark alone where I cannot find you. I cannot live without my life! I cannot die without my soul!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 4JWY
    4JWY

Vivamus:

With your first descriptive words of the movie, I was anxious to see if anyone told you (1939) "Wuthering Heights". As a young teen, I too, was enthralled with that movie, and scene, as he held her dying in his arms, looking out together at the heather growing on the moors. Several times I tried to watch it without my parents coming around the t.v. as I felt the JW moral code couldn't withstand the subject matter.

I read that a 1992 version is supposed to be just as good. Happy viewing!

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

OMG!!!! Bronte and 4JWY, that's it!! It sounds like it!!! YAH!! *does happy dance* ... gonna go on the internet see if I can order it somewhere... THANX!!!!!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

S:Fortunately Gumby's wife removed the floor-level mirror. At least he's stopped complaining about how ugly his nutsack is!!!

Viv:
    Glad ya found it

• Simon
    Simon

Is it "Night of the Living Dead" ?

Or maybe "Scanners" ?

Just kidding ...

Hey Viv ... I still have Karaoke-inspired nightmares Hope you are doing well.

• Vivamus
    Vivamus
    Hey Viv ... I still have Karaoke-inspired nightmares

People are never gonna let me forget that one .... Lmao.

Nice to see this place still bustling and blooming Simon, good job

LT

• Satanus
    Satanus

Viv

Gumby and i are always fooling around like that.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit