old lurker says Hello!

by rowan 23 Replies latest jw friends

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Welcome Rowan...

And to Gerard, thank you for believing I could break free, and thank you for being soooooo patient with me. You fed me when was hungry and you nurtured and healed me when I was ill. I love you.

I want to thank you to Gerard you did an excellent...who ever you are.

lisa

• Van Gogh
    Van Gogh

Is Gerard the FD&S..?
    Sorry, cheap humor can be a catalyst to deprogramming.
    Come out of the closet and take a deep breath of fresh air!
    What a great way to start the new year.
    You are most welcome - you've probably been here a lot longer than I though.
    Any hint as to the country of origin of this apostatism? What's going on out there?
    Aint there any Mexican or Japanese apostates?
    Come out you non-USA lurkers and let's kick some serious Brooklyn ass!
    Sorry, shouldn't pry - aways interested in state-of-the-art non-American apostates.
    Too much champagne... 15 min to 2006 here...
    Edited to say: great avatar...Edited to say: Female Rowan..?

• Gill
    Gill

Welcome Rowan!!

Freedom tastes good!

• prophecor
    prophecor

Hi Rowan. Nice that you could come out from behind the curtain. I would imagine a sizeable part of your journey has already been made. 3 years of looking thru the miles of information available, and Ray Franz, too. It's a pleasure to see you come out. I guess you know so many of us, already. It'll be nice to get to know you as well.

Art

• poppers
    poppers

Hello Rowan, and welcome. The air of freedom is fresh indeed. Breathe it in deeply. Let go of everything and just Be and the air is even more fresh.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi rowan, welcome to the forum!

• Gerard
    Gerard
    And to Gerard, thank you for believing I could break free, and thank you for being soooooo patient with me. You fed me when was hungry and you nurtured and healed me when I was ill. I love you.

Rowan

Rowan was heart-breaking when I met her.... I thought it strange that such powerful intelect could be hostage to a religion. In a heart beat, I was investigating the JW religion and its dark side.

I knew you seek answers and you were able to handle the truth when presented. You were on your way before I met you, my love and patience were easy to give to you.

You have done well.

You have gone far.

I am proud to walk beside you, with a full and proud life ahead of us.

Love,

Gerard

• poppers
    poppers

Let's hear it for Rowan and Gerard! Sounds like a great story here. Come on you kids, spill it. Just kidding - it's refreshing to see someone care enough to help another.

• rowan
    rowan

Wow! thank you all for your wellcome.

I was reinstated to the JW cult one week ago. so I am paranoid because I am not planning to go to a meeeting again, which makes me think that I will be under the radar for a while. so, I will try not to give specific details about myself.

long story short (I'll try, a last), spent first twenty something years of my life in the cult, fully immersed in it, judgedamental little snot. my father had the wisdom to encourage me to continue my education, which I did, and that made me a pariah in the eyes of many. but thanks to that, once I got my degree I fled to USA ( I was already DF) and started working in an internationally known institution which the WT quotes a lot, specially in the Awake magazine. The elders at my old congo were spitting lava about that. they had refused to reinstate me after I requested it,and since I was no longer under their control once I left my country, they charged against my parents, but that's another story.

I met Gerard at work, in the break room. He had spent so many years speaking english that all the attemps he made of speaking in our mother language were not very graceful. I am glad he was persistent, though ;)! We started dating, and fell in love. Gerry found out info, which I would not read at first, eventually did, and the rest is history. I have to add, I was a mess then. Fears, confusion, guilt and more fears. but here we are, and I feel oblied to say thank you to the free thinking community that has done so much for us.

Gary, all I know about my home country is that JWs are proliferating like mushrooms after the rain. and I agree with one of my favorites pieces of your wisdom: being reinstated sucks, because now they can talk to you.

Folks I love you all and truly respect you!

Rowan

• Purza
    Purza

Welcome!

Purza

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit