old lurker says Hello!

by rowan 23 Replies latest jw friends

• rowan
    rowan

Hi,

I have been lurking in this site for more than three years now. I want to thank the people who work to maintain this forum, for as in the the case of hundreds of others in need of help, this site has been key in my exit from the WT slavery and emotional recovery.

It was in this site that I learned about Ray Franz. I so wanted to believe what was being said here, it had the ring of truth, and I was so hurt by my past as a JW, but of course, how could I believe what apostates had to say? COC was recommended so much, that I decided I wanted to read that book; from then on, my recovery started. I came back to the forum, to the Freeminds web site and read avidly as much as I could. When I found the Quotes site, I was already free from the claws of the WT, but man, was it funny to read all those excerpts written by the FDS under direction of the Holy Spirit. Ha!

It feels good to finally be able to express myself without fear. To think what it comes naturally to my mind without guilt and fear of a boogey man god looking down disapprovingly. I literally breathe better without the shadow of Armageddon in the peripheral vision field of my mind.

For that I have to say thanks to all the courageous people who step forward and made info available, for they have given us the chance to make an informed decision, and be free, should we choose to.

And to Gerard, thank you for believing I could break free, and thank you for being soooooo patient with me. You fed me when was hungry and you nurtured and healed me when I was ill. I love you.

Rowan

• greendawn
    greendawn

Welcome Rowan, it's great that you delurked and that you are now free from the oppressive fears and anxieties caused by the JW lies and manipulations. Hope to hear more about your experiences with the dubs.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi rowan, and welcome to the forum

I am glad you are here, and enjoying your freedom

love Linda

• garybuss
    garybuss

Welcome! We are in a mode to hear local Witness climate reports. What was the mood at your Kingdom Hall? How many young people stay? How many elders and MS's? Any witch hunts? No hurry! :-)

• Legolas
    Legolas

Welcome Rowan it is good to have you here !

I look forward to more of your posts!

• Been there
    Been there

Welcome Rowan, glad you finally decided to enter.

• Golf
    Golf

Greetings Rowan, hey that's a great post. I hope many others get to read it. You have the 'tone' of freedom.

Golf

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Hi Rowan - what a lovely post to begin the new year with. I wonder how many more there are like you. Its so great when lurkers finally say hello. Welcome here! Hope you stay and tell us more about yourself since you know so much about us bunch of weirdos! hehe

crumpet

• sf
    sf

"Delurk". I like it.

{{ Welcome }}

sKally

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

Welcome to the board Rowan!

I'm looking forward to reading some of your interesting stories.I too learned a great deal from Ray Franz's books and the freeminds website.I just wish more jw's would "see the light" or learn the "truth" about the religion.I dream of the day the WT shuts down their last kingdom hall.

Goldminer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit