Local Needs - Disfellowshipped in the family, how to treat...........

by DaCheech 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

Did they have a DFing recently or did a DF'd person move in?

I am willing to bet that several people in the congregation have not been "obeying" the elders on this.

My experience is that the elders are the ones that disregard this counsel.

A sister worked across the street from one elder and watched him be picked up every day by his DF'd son; sometimes they even went to lunch together.

Another brother sitting next to a DF'd JW at work heard him get a phone call every day from his elder dad.

Then there was the elder and his wife who flew to where their DF'd daughter lived to "help" her out.

Then there was the sister who visited every week at work by her DF'd brother.

Of course, the other elders said this was "necessary family business" when the rank and file JWs inquired about these situations.

Blondie

• ontarget
    ontarget

I remember many local needs talks that were directed at specific individuals. On one occasion the same local needs talk was given twice because certain persons were not at the meeting due to an information leak that tipped off these ones that a talk was going to be given about them. Talk about feeling bad for people! I was an elder at the time and this was one of the things that helped me to leave. I hated when I was assigned a local needs talk as the other elders would dictate what the talk was to be about and they were always discouraging. You have your reasons for staying in. I would just like to say that I do not believe that you are living a lie. You are living a life in which you choose to hold onto things that are important to you. If that means sitting in church for a few hours a week then so be it. However, you may or may not change your view in time. I hope you do not get too depressed. My heart goes out to you.

• garybuss
    garybuss

The baptism is a legal contract that turns ownership of the person over to the Watch Tower Publishing Corporation. The baptism acknowledges a debt owed to the Watch Tower Society and the debt is paid with:
    1. Loyalty . . . even if the Society is wrong . . . many times.
    2. Service . . . as door to door and all other literature distribution, fundraising, and recruiting is called.
    3. Meetings . . . sometimes as many as 6 in one day and 4 in one night.
    4. Study . . . by reading the Society produced literature.
    5. Compliance . . . with all rules and suggestions at all times.
    6. Surveillance . . .of other members.
    7. Reporting . . . errant members to corporation agents.
    More could be added.
    If the baptized Witness fails to make mortgage payments on time they will be required to return to making payments or they will be punished. Punishment is carried out by family members and other Jehovah's Witnesses who are still making payments.

• justice for all
    justice for all

Another story of heartbreak. I'm so sorry.I think our HEAVENLY FATHER is trying to tell ''US LOVERS OF TRUTH'' something very important. I was told and here I am today expressing my true feelings and reading about yours with all you fine people.

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista
    Also you cannot attend funerals, and weddings, etc.

Wha???? How can you prevent someone from attending the funeral of a close relative or friend and for what purpose does this accomplish to anyone? How absolutley cruel. Is this a new rule or one of those unspoken WT rules

Yes, and I knew a young adult Dfd man who had to move back in with his nutty JW parents briefly because he was homeless. they parents made a point of letting everyone know that he was mostly resticted to his room and was not allowed to sit and eat with them or watch TV with them....I was on my way out of the Org then and their behavior was so disturbing to me. The young man moved out and fell into a deeper depression also drugs and alcohol. He had already been in a mental hospital earlier before he was Dfd. He was very troubled and needed some comfort, care and love, but instead the WT religion encouraged his family to treat him abusively. That is just plain evil.

cybs

• prophecor
  • zagor
    zagor
    I hope they destroy themselves (GB/WT)!!

They are already doing that on many levels one of which you've just described

• DaCheech
    DaCheech
    Wha???? How can you prevent someone from attending the funeral of a close relative or friend and for what purpose does this accomplish to anyone? How absolutley cruel. Is this a new rule or one of those unspoken WT rules

Is to show the errant one their errors, and for them to learn and come back to the org!

P.S. this one was Df'd a year ago, but started to attend meetings 1 1/2 months ago. Sits one row back from parents.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    During the prayer... I was praying to whatever God is up there to make these Arsewipes pay for what they are doing.

wow, heavy. i did that a few times too, back in the early days. but mostly i just stood there and looked around at everyone with their eyes closed and heads bowed, gently swaying there like a bunch of retards.

ts

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    looked around at everyone with their eyes closed and heads bowed, gently swaying there like a bunch of retards.

LoL!!! Oh, the gentle swaying, ha ha!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit