More Watchtower Double Speak!

by gumby 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gumby
    gumby

Avove is a 1999 KM quote Pages 3-6 on the dangers of the internet.

You don't need to read all this. Just read the opening line and paragraph 19.....then read paragraph 22

In summary, the opening line below says... The Watchtower does all our research for us and we need not look elsewhere. Then in paragraph 22 it says how useless it is to let others do our personal research/ study of the bible for us, but rather to study it and make our own honest evaluations then present this to others if we have a talk. Make sense?

Gumby

• wombat
    wombat

Gumby..........

Regarding the forthcoming January 15 Watchtower.

There is a full report and comments on it on page 4946 by Truthseeker.

I read it as saying that any JW that visits a site such as this will be d'fd.

Am I wrong ?

If I am correct, all these silly apologists will have to go out and actually knock on doors rather than sit in front of their computer to get their hours up.

• luna2
    luna2

gumby, I used to wonder why I came away from the KH discouraged and confused...like you're supposed to understand this crap.

wombat, I hope they do move to disfellowship people for going online...go ahead, keep beating people down and kicking them out. Hopefully, the stupid WTS will kill itself.

• gumby
    gumby
    And I used to wonder why I came away from the KH discouraged and confused...like you're supposed to understand this crap.

Lunababe....I think this was one of the reasons that eventually paved the way for my own exit. I got so pissed at trying to figure out what the crap they were trying to say I felt they were always covering over something. "Why can't they just come out and say what they mean" I used to say. Manytimes....you never could come to a conclusion on a matter because of the confused way they would write certain articles.

Gumby

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Control freaks with a mean streak,i have seen it all in 1985 i caught hell form the Campton New Hampshire Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses because i scribbled a two paragraph commentary inside a gift edition of the Amplified Bible.

The elders lit into me on how that "ONLY the FDS can make commentary on scripture".-Danny Haszard

• gumby
    gumby
    The elders lit into me on how that "ONLY the FDS can make commentary on scripture".-Danny Haszard

Amen bro. They write the curriculem for the schools and we the students use them to study by. You can't make your own schoolbooks.

Gumby

• Gill
    Gill

Happy New Year, Gumby and All!

I've just subjected myself to reading all of that KM Article and feel as irritable, confused and disturbed as I used to feel as a JW!!!!

Thanks for setting that crap before me, Gumby! It reminds me how bad I used to feel all the time, when a JW and how happy I feel now to be away from all that BS!

• gumby
    gumby

Gill.....Happy New Year to you too sweetie.

Thanks for setting that crap before me, Gumby! It reminds me how bad I used to feel all the time, when a JW and how happy I feel now to be away from all that BS!

Many times this is why I bring up wacko witness crap in threads. We sometimes forget of feelings we once had inside of the Organisation. Some even go back. Many new ones here are also unaware of older news such as this. Many dubs never even remember articles such as this one as many miss meetings, don't pay attention while they were there, went pee during that part, went poop, never made that meeting and never studies beforehand....etc, etc,..

I enjoy making known their bullshit. Sad but true.

Gumby

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I skimmed through that article, and only vaguely remember it - they have, after all, produced paper mountains of bullshit since. It shows how worried they were about the internet even then, I wonder how they feel now?

And no, it doen't make much sense

• gumby
    gumby
    It shows how worried they were about the internet even then, I wonder how they feel now?

I'm sure their workin on an asskickin campaign for it.

Gill.....I didn't notice the first time....but Happy Birthday!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit