What were your best moments and souvenirs of 2005?

by JH 25 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Travelling to the Wisconsin Apostafest and meeting loads of you guys

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

1. The one I thought I would spend the rest of my life with cheated on me which turned out to be the best thing ever! Was a total wake up call on not settling for less.

2. I made my first big puchase! A laptop.

3. I got signed to a modeling agency!

4. Most importanly: I became honest myself, learned to prioritze better and established self-discilpline.

• rocketman
    rocketman

A few of my best moments:

Elton John in concert in Philadelphia, the 5th time I've seen his show, and he keeps getting better

Meeting a nice new friend at that concert

Getting to know a nice new friend at work and having lunch together on several occasions

My first Apostofest, at which I met Funchback, Seigswife, Lonelysheep, and Chia

Getting to know some nice new friends who get together for Karaoke (my singing voice, however, was not one of the year's highlights)

• JH
    JH

I love Elton John too Rocketman

He's a great piano player

Anybody else had any fond memories of 2005

• Celia
    Celia

Trip to Europe in July with my teenage son. Meeting EMan, Simon, Little Toe, Joy and Steve and all the gang in Weston-super-Mare.

Visiting my family in France, friends in Germany and spending 4 glorious days in Paris.

Working again almost full time after years of staying home.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

- Finding this site

- Starting life with my honey; our wedding and honeymoon.

- Getting disfellowshipped!! Freedom is mine!

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

We moved 2000 miles from meddling family and started a new life in Texas!!

:)

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

"winning" my Social Security Disability. Third filing in 7 years - and 2 years 8 months of bureaucratic hoops.

Spending 5 weeks in Hilo Hawaii.

Kevan buying a house in Hilo for our retirement. (We're moving in 3-1/2 years)

Finding the most wonderful kitten at the Hilo Farmers Market - who has brought our pride together and provided us with many hours of amusement and pleasure.

• kazar
    kazar

When I first went online and accidentally got on this forum instead of a JW website. What a transformation it made in me!

• Purza
    Purza

Its been a hard year it a lot of ways for me. However the highlight was my marriage earlier this year. I never thought I would remarry; but fading from the JWs opened my eyes that there is a whole wide world out there full of wonderful people. I met the love of my life and have never been happier.

Purza

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit