What were your best moments and souvenirs of 2005?

by JH 25 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

For me, 2005 was a great year.

I travelled a good distance to meet wonderful people last July at an apostofest (Thank-you Mumsy and Gary)

I met a wonderful person here on JWD, and she became a great friend (That's you Buttlight)

I spoiled myself and bought a nice car with AC this time

How about you, what were your nicest moments of 2005?

• blondie
    blondie

It was a pleasure meeting so many from JWD in person. But you were a highlight, JH. (BTW, he has great legs). I forgive you that Buttlight is your favorite. I think she is great too.

Blondie

• FadingAway
    FadingAway

Finding this forum.

The birth of my 2nd child. I now have 2 wonderful boys

And also a new car with AC!!!!

• Golf
    Golf

JH, do you consider your car a souvenir? I'll have to reflect on my best moments, golf and wife or wife and golf? Having my cake and eating it too!

Golf

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Best moments

Holding new new granddaughter in my arms minutes after she was born.

Moving into my own apartment after nine months living in 1 room at the Y

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

For me the highlight of 2005 was learning to ride a motorcycle with my old man and spending weekends galivanting around the countryside with him. He also gave me his old motorcycle so I didn't have to go out and buy one. Sssweeeeeet!

• JH
    JH
    JH, do you consider your car a souvenir?

No, it's not souvenir. It's a 2006 and I still have it until I trade it in for a 2007

• serendipity
    serendipity

I had a professional accomplishment (have to be vague in case one of my relatives is reading here.) I also came a mortifying fear of letting my teen drive alone, much to her relief.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I have to admit it was overall a really good year for me. Of course there are always things we wish we had done or didn't do, but for me, 2005 was much better than 2004.

I had the opportunity to meet a lot of new people and make friends with many. I really enjoy the water and bought a new (well, almost new) boat and had the opportunity to travel to California and Oregon. Another plus, I did not contract any venereal diseases.

So yes, 2005 was good.

Rub a Dub

• fairchild
    fairchild

Seeing my first book published.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit