Your Childhood Dreams, what were they?

by Golf 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Satanus
    Satanus

Mine was to get some of my school mates to meet my relatives and people in my family. Then, we moved, and moved again, and again. We ended up, everyone is scattered all over the country, and split by belief differences

S

• serendipity
    serendipity

As a child, I wanted to be loved by my parents and never felt it. As a parent, I love my child very much and she knows it and feels loved, so I guess my dream came true, by proxy anyway. (Since I can't time travel, that's as good as it's gonna get.)

• fairchild
    fairchild

My childhood dreams were very strong, almost obsessive, I think. I wanted to join a circus, travel around the world, then help poor people in Africa and eventually live in a very deserted place (this one was definitely influenced by the Caruso family).

I am 43 and I have learned a very important lesson in life. Some dreams should just remain what they are .... dreams. When you want to make your dreams come true and you spare time nor effort to do such, chances are that you will be losing sight of the bigger picture in life and the emotional price you will pay to make your dreams come true might just be way too high.

What came of my dreams? I spent two years in Africa, helping the less fortunate. I traveled through 3 different continents as a juggler/magician, a bit like my own little circus. Now I live in the middle of nowhere, but not far enough out yet. It is my plan to eventually go live in the woods somewhere, far away from civilization. (still working on that one)

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

Tetra,

you mean this ones: (brigitte and sophia)

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

I dont think I had any childhood dreams, it seemed like the religion told you what you wanted out of life - to be good and survive Armageddon. I couldnt see past that.

Even when I left school I never bothered wanting a car or a house as they both seemed impossibly out of my reach, and also what was the point in wanting anything out of a system that wasnt going to be around for much longer?

I look back with complete sadness that someone as clever as I was had less than no aspirations about life.

I have dreams now, but they mostly involve being young and pretty, and that part of my life was totally wasted. I was so busy trying to be a perfect pioneer I didnt even notice I was both pretty and slim. I just want back something I can never have!

• Golf
    Golf

Tetra, Sophia looks good for her age, she impresses me.

The organization offers the 'impossible' dream. You realize this once you step back and take into account all the hopes and dreams they offered, and you end up holding the bag of dreams.

I read H.L. Macmillan's (correct spelling?) book, 'Faith on the March' and he publicly anticipated going to heaven in the early days, it never panned out. He was totally embarrassed.

Golf

• greendawn
    greendawn

That was really funny Danny, I think Tetra wants them in the original youthful form, which unfortunately no longer exists. Man is like a flower that withers away.

I wanted to become an architect, when I was a child and my mother told me by the time you grow up you will change your mind many times over. I did and I became a scientist instead.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I wanted to be a school teacher, right from an early age, and I went to university and got my English degree, and was all set to become a teacher when the jws came along.

After a couple of years in the org, I wanted to be a pioneer, which I did become, but I never became a teacher.

Now I wish I'd stuck to my teaching ambitions, it would have been much more fulfilling, and rewarding.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I wanted to give a talk at the District Convention. :(

• Golf
    Golf

daniel-p you would have been reading from a manuscript.

fullofdoubt, grandma Moses took up painting in her early seventies. I don't know if that was her dream, dream or not, nothing stopped from doing what she wanted to do.

Golf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit