angels - some questions

by DannyBloem 37 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

1) According to the bible the angels have differences in Rank and priveleges.
    So why is it ike that? Can God not have some equality in his own organisation in the heaven? And can we then ever hope on some equality?

2) Angels were created individual and sexless. They can not reproduce, according to the bible.
    Then why did God create them with sexual desires, that they felt attracted to the woman on the earth before the flood? Isn't that a bit harsh?

3) The angels are many times depicted as warriors or used as such. Why does god need myriads of them to fight? Against who?

4) Satan was the first one to fall and to sin. Why then do we always talk about the first sin being that of Adam and Eve. And how come Adam and Eve in that important question of universal souverenity, when this could all be settled with satan?

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor

"Angels were created individual and sexless...Then why did God create them with sexual desires, that they felt attracted to the woman on the earth before the flood? Isn't that a bit harsh?"

You've got me there. It was said that the angels had been looking at the daughters of men and so they decided to come to earth to get lucky with them chicks etc etc...

I don't understand how angels would have thought about sex with those women.

I mean, they have no sex-drive. We do. Yet, if you stared long enough at a female chimpanzee/orangutan, would you suddenly have a kinky urge to be an ape and to ...(I won't even say it)?

Of course not!! Just doesn't make sense to me. How ever beautiful those women were, why would their beauty have captivated those PERFECT spirit creatures?

INQ

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor

Btw, does the bible actually say that the angels cannot reproduce? I haven't come across that scripture.

I thought the idea that they are sexless is an inference from the scriptures and cannot actually be found in writing. Maybe I'm wrong.

INQ

• blondie
    blondie

If the angels were sexless, with no sex drive, what was driving them to leave their positions in heaven and come down and marry women. Why not come down as beautiful women and marry men?

(Assuming this all happened) I believe it was a power thing. These angels wanted to be in charge, first of their own family, passing on their genes and making a mark in the world. Coming down as women would have put them in second place, viewed as property not a person.

A brother once said that the one thing God gave to humans that he withheld from the more powerful angels was the ability to reproduce. Having children is still an important thing for people, especially men, to continue to family line. Angels had no family line. Perhaps some wanted to make a family name for themselves.

Blondie

• Satanus
    Satanus

That theology is the result of projecting humaness onto the spirit world, anthropomorphization. Silly animals that we are.

S

• gumby
    gumby

First off....the bible NEVER said angels could not reproduce. Lets suppose the 2 angels that visited lot decided they wanted to have gay sex with the men of Sodom when these fells'a wanted to have sex with them. Could they have done so? It seems that way.

How about when the 2 angels and the Lord visited Abraham just before the Lot scene? Could the 2 angels have went inside the tent of Abraham and had sex with Sarah? It seems that way......since they were materialised men who ate a meal.

:2) Angels were created individual and sexless. They can not reproduce, according to the bible.

Jesus only said they didn't marry......not that they could not have sex. If an angel can do magical feats.....why could not they also have sex?

3) The angels are many times depicted as warriors or used as such. Why does god need myriads of them to fight? Against who?

That's a good question if you consider the question BEFORE Satan fell. Perhaps they were not warriors UNTILL Satan fell and took angels with him and god then needed a defense army.

4) Satan was the first one to fall and to sin. Why then do we always talk about the first sin being that of Adam and Eve. And how come Adam and Eve in that important question of universal souverenity, when this could all be settled with satan?

I think when people use the term the 'first sin'.....they apply it to we humans and not the spirit world. Satan will get his at the end of the 1000years and the issue of who most powerful in the SPIRIT realm will be answered. ( I'm puttin 10 bucks on the Lord)

Now then.....any further questions I answer I'm gonna charge you for it$$$$$$$

Gumanswerman

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

So, what were those angels doing hanging around in Sodom, anyways? Other than that, I'm mostly with S on this one.

• gumby
    gumby
    Other than that, I'm mostly with S on this one.

Traitor!!!!!! Siding with Satan himself eh? Bastard!!!!! Gumfaithful

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Ever considered that Adam might have been the original serpent (he had the tackle) and was playing a ventriloquist trick on Eve to see if she would be naughty?

• Golf
    Golf

DB, human sin. What would happen if we all had the same fingerprints and DNA?

Golf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit