Your first talk at the Theorcatic Ministry School, do you remember it?

by JH 39 Replies latest jw friends

• hideme
    hideme

yeah .. I remember. I was 6 y/o and I don't remember what the talk was about. I had to do the talk with my mother.

I remember feeling so ashamed I did hide myself under the table. Everybody laughed. But eventually I did finish the talk.

Later it became kind of a hobby - I can write a talk in a few minutes. I like to perform. But since I am a freemind I don't do talks anymore. I am afraid I will say things they don't like to hear... :)

• Golf
    Golf

JH, giving Bible readings back in the early 50's was coooool.

Golf

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Hey LittleToe, we shared the same material for our first talk. It's a small world, huh? LOL (edited to add) Do you remember the picture of Jeptha ripping his garmnet in the My Book of Bible Stories? That picture was great in helping me connect an emotion to the story. It's really the only talk that I can remember the subject matter of.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Well, so far LittleToe and Darth Yhwh win the award for easiest talk to work on Gestures with, and InquiryMan comes first for the most INTERESTING Gestures category...

AuldSoul

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

They say you never forget your first

• ballistic
    ballistic

I bet some people will never forget your last Little Toe.

or the one I gave with my flies undone.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

mine was dan 7:2-14 my mother was always so proud beacause I got it out all by myself at the age of 9. Looking back should have takin that as a sign something was amiss, when a 9 yr old can decipher 'deep' prophecy like that.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Good point, darth frosty. Are you disfellowshipped? I noticed your moniker has the initials DF.

AuldSoul

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I don't remember what my first talk was about but I remember when it was. It toward the end of January 1959, and I was one of the first females who ever gave a talk in the ministry school. Up until that year only men were allowed to give talks.

• loosie
    loosie
    do you remember it?

lol Boy do I ever.

I wasn't the one giving the talk or the householder. I was the prop. My job was to color in my coloring book as mom talked to the householder. I was about 6 maybe 7. Don't remember the exact age (we didn't celebrate birthdays so I wasn't keeping track)

Well some little girl was staring at me from the audience, and I didn't like it. So I stuck my tongue out at her.

lmbo. I was a booger.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit