Your first talk at the Theorcatic Ministry School, do you remember it?

by JH 39 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

I do, I had to read Ezekiel 9: (1-11)

And he proceeded to call out in my ears with a loud voice, saying: “H AVE those giving their attention to the city come near, each one with his weapon in his hand for bringing ruin!”

2 And, look! there were six men coming from the direction of the upper gate that faces to the north, each one with his weapon for smashing in his hand; and there was one man in among them clothed with linen, with a secretary’s inkhorn at his hips, and they proceeded to come in and stand beside the copper altar.

3 And as regards the glory of the God of Israel, it was taken up from over the cherubs over which it happened to be to the threshold of the house, and he began calling out to the man that was clothed with the linen, at whose hips there was the secretary’s inkhorn. 4 And Jehovah went on to say to him: “Pass through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and you must put a mark on the foreheads of the men that are sighing and groaning over all the detestable things that are being done in the midst of it.”

5 And to these [others] he said in my ears: “Pass through the city after him and strike. Let not your eye feel sorry, and do not feel any compassion. 6 Old man, young man and virgin and little child and women YOU should kill off—to a ruination. But to any man upon whom there is the mark do not go near, and from my sanctuary YOU should start.” So they started with the old men that were before the house. 7 And he said further to them: “Defile the house and fill the courtyards with the slain ones. Go forth!” And they went forth and struck in the city.

8 And it came about that, while they were striking and I was left remaining, I proceeded to fall upon my face and cry out and say: “Alas, O Sovereign Lord Jehovah! Are you bringing to ruin all the remaining ones of Israel while you are pouring out your rage upon Jerusalem?”

9 So he said to me: “The error of the house of Israel and Judah is very, very great, and the land is filled with bloodshed and the city is full of crookedness; for they have said, ‘Jehovah has left the land, and Jehovah is not seeing.’ 10 And as for me also, my eye will not feel sorry, neither shall I show compassion. Their way I shall certainly bring upon their own head.”

11 And, look! the man clothed with the linen, at whose hips there was the inkhorn, was bringing back word, saying: “I have done just as you have commanded me.”

• JH
    JH

Interesting topic, right?

• gringojj
    gringojj

Resplendent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• JH
    JH
    Pass through the city after him and strike. Let not your eye feel sorry, and do not feel any compassion. 6 Old man, young man and virgin and little child and women YOU should kill off—to a ruination.

Feel the love and compassion?

• Honesty
    Honesty

That was nice of you to share that with us, JH.

My first talk in the TMS was on:

Acts 17:22-34 (HCSB)

W hen Paul stood in the middle of the Areopagus and said: “Men of Athens! I see that you are extremely religious in every respect. For as I was passing through and observing the objects of your worship, I even found an altar on which was inscribed: TO AN UNKNOWN GOD

Therefore, what you worship in ignorance, this I proclaim to you. The God who made the world and everything in it—He is Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in shrines made by hands. Neither is He served by human hands, as though He needed anything, since He Himself gives everyone life and reath and all things. From one man He has made every nation of men to live all over the earth and has determined their appointed times and the boundaries of where they live, so that they might seek God, and perhaps they might reach out and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us. For in Him we live and move and exist, as even some of your own poets have said, ‘For we are also His offspring.’ Being God’s offspring, then, we shouldn’t think that the divine nature is like gold or silver or stone, an image fashioned by human art and imagination. “Therefore, having overlooked the times of ignorance, God now commands all people everywhere to repent, because He has set a day on which He is going to judge the world in righteousness by the Man He has appointed. He has provided proof of this to everyone by raising Him from the dead.” When they heard about resurrection of the dead, some began to ridicule him. But others said, “We will hear you about this again.” So Paul went out from their presence. However, some men joined him and believed, among whom were Dionysius the Areopagite, a woman named Damaris, and others with them.

• zagor
    zagor

Yeah, I remember it was sooo good that there was a gossip around congregation for a while that there was nooo way that I was able to compile something like that by myself. Only XXXX xXXX (Dub-ass elder aka PO) was able to write something that good. Assh#le never said a word it wasn't him, he just let it roll. And I was too shy to pursue it.

• serendipity
    serendipity

It's been so long ago - I think I just joined as a householder, because I never gave the talk. I do remember that I always tried to persuade the sister giving the talk to use props and unusual settings, just so the talks weren't so humdrum.

It's been over 20 years, and four congregations, I've never been pressured to join. Guess it's not important.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Bible Reading Joshua Chapter 3

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Ezra 7:12-24

I was four years old. Sheez! I didn't stand a chance against their indoctrination mo-chine (the "mo" stands for money).

Good thread, JH.

AuldSoul

• deeskis
    deeskis

can't remember my first talk, been so long (can women give talks anyway?? or just act out skits such as door to door role play)

I do remember going on stage at a circuit assembly, Crossmyloof, Glasgow. it used to be an ice skating rink. I was eleven and was interviewed about some witness I gave, I had to wear my school uniform. I remember being sooo nervous, although i was taking part in the Ministry school (or was it Field Service Meeting, get it right!!) long before.

It makes me shudder now to think of it. although I now have no fear of public speaking and think that the training in that aspect has helped me in that I am now into amatuer dramatics and performing.

although maybe it was my mum that helped me there more than anything. I remember her telling me before i went on stage that if i felt nervous looking at the audience to "imagine that they were all doing a big jobbie!" (That's a poo, sh*t, kaka, number 2, dump, turd etc for those who need Glasgow translation!!)

D

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit