Your first talk at the Theorcatic Ministry School, do you remember it?

by JH 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

I remember mine. I was nine. I was the first one in my family to join the Theocratic Ministry School.

My parents had only been studying with the witnesses for 3 or 4 months. Neither of them had even given a talk yet. I wrote the entire talk myself.

I was assigned to the main hall but do not remember who my householder was.

The topic was: Court Judicial, The Sanhedrin from the Aid Book.

Who makes up these assignments??? I was NINE. LOL.

-Aude.

• crazies
    crazies

I don't remember what it was about, but I was 5 and couldn't read yet so I gave it with another brother sitting on the stage (it was a sisters part by the way) and I am of the male sex. Yeah I'll remember that one.

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

I was 12 and scared to death. I don't remember the exact reading but I do remember it was from Job.

The thing I remember the most was when I finished and went to go to my seat, everyone clapped. That totally flustered me because I had NEVER seen it done before. My mom explained that if it is you first talk, then the congregation gives you applause because of the big step that you've taken. Apparently, I was the first new person to join the TMS at our KH in a few years.

CountryGuy

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

I don't remember what it was about. I *do* remember I was irritated that I had to talk to another sister since I as a woman was not allowed to the congregation. And I also *do* remeber that even tho I received nothing but praise, I was scorned that the elder who was judging my performance was a terrible public speaker himself...

I was so bad, no wonder they kicked me out, not a grain of humility in me

• prophecor
    prophecor

Job Chapter 2:1-10 Somewhere back in the 1970's. I was scared sihtless of everybody in the little off room where the second school was. I would never give another talk until some 15 years later. I was an un-baptised publisher at the time, and soon after would succumb to the problems of peer pressure and being the only one in my family who desired to live the life of becoming a witness.

• PoliticallyNeutered2
    PoliticallyNeutered2

Disclaimer: I don't claim to be an expert. The stuff in this email could be false. If you use it, use it at your own risk. Also, since about 7/05, I've earnestly tried to keep my large-scale internet presence politically/religiously neutral. Stepping on big toes with such new and powerful technology seems highly incautious in my case.

From the start of Psalm 83 including at least verse 18. I think I was 10 or 11 years old. My cheeks were shaking so badly that I could barely read the Bible.

Around the same time, I won the school-wide public speaking competition at Eastside Elementary School in Coweta County, Georgia. However, I refused to compete at the next level, because that would have conflicted with a Thursday-night meeting.

About the same time, I was removed from public school in favor of home-schooling.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Judges 11 - Jephthah's daughter

• mineralogist
    mineralogist

June 12th, 1989: Zechariah 4:1-14 “Not by a military force, nor by power, but by my spirit,” Jehovah of armies has said.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Yep, I was 7 years old and as I came off the platform I fell over the microphone lead !

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

Leviticus 20: d the adulteress must be put to death. 11 " 'If a man sleeps with his father's wife, he has dishonored his father. Both the man and the woman must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads. 12 " 'If a man sleeps with his daughter-in-law, both of them must be put to death. What they have done is a perversion; their blood will be on their own heads. 13 " 'If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads. 14 " 'If a man marries both a woman and her mother, it is wicked. Both he and they must be burned in the fire, so that no wickedness will be among you. 15 " 'If a man has sexual relations with an animal, he must be put to death, and you must kill the animal. 16 " 'If a woman approaches an animal to have sexual relations with it, kill both the woman and the animal. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads. 17 " 'If a man marries his sister, the daughter of either his father or his mother, and they have sexual relations, it is a disgrace. They must be cut off before the eyes of their people. He has dishonored his sister and will be held responsible. 18 " 'If a man lies with a woman during her monthly period and has sexual relations with her, he has exposed the source of her flow, and she has also uncovered it. Both of them must be cut off from their people. 19 " 'Do not have sexual relations with the sister of either your mother or your father, for that would dishonor a close relative; both of you would be held responsible. 20 " 'If a man sleeps with his aunt, he has dishonored his uncle. They will be held responsible; they will die childless. 21 " 'If a man marries his brother's wife, it is an act of impurity; he has dishonored his brother. They will be childless. 22 " 'Keep all my decrees and laws and follow them, so that the land where I am bringing you to live may not vomit you out. 23 You must not live according to the customs of the nations I am going to drive out before you. Because they did all these things, I abhorred them. 24 But I said to you, "You will possess their land; I will give it to you as an inheritance, a land flowing with milk and honey." I am the LORD your God, who has set you apart from the nations. 25 " 'You must therefore make a distinction between clean and unclean animals and between unclean and clean birds. Do not defile yourselves by any animal or bird or anything that moves along the ground—those which I have set apart as unclean for you. 26 You are to be holy to me [c] because I, the LORD, am holy, and I have set you apart from the nations to be my own. 27 " 'A man or woman who is a medium or spiritist among you must be put to death. You are to stone them; their blood will be on their own heads.' " Rather touche subjects to explore for a nine year old, if you ask me. My parents weren’t even baptized when I had to give it... (However, I am forever grateful, that I never had to give the no 4 talk on Masturbation from YPA.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit