Letter from Mom

by jonsey 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• one of 12
    one of 12

Welcome Mike from "bigmouth" and I.

All I can say is sadly many off us have been there where you are now or are still there.My family of 11 brothers and sisters and Mum & Dad are also at that stalemate. I can't write to her because she will call it attention seeking, which apparently I have been doing all my life. She would take one look at who it was from and burn it.

This makes me sad because when my uncle(mums brother) was dfd, she would visit him at least once a week even though granny and Dad told her not to.

They are all missing out on 6 pretty terrific young people and an absolutely beautiful granddaughter.

Jennine

• Aiesha Harley
    Aiesha Harley

Hi Mike, welcome. It's a appallingly familiar story, it took the death of my father and the support my brothers and sisters gave her to make my mum realise that her disfellowshipped children were not devil spawn and that they loved her as a mum and never looked upon her as the enemy, unlike her and my father's behaviour. Whatever you decide to do just remember that you're a good person and there are plenty of people out there who love and support you, hopefully one day those that hurt you now will realise just how misguided they were.

GaryBuss, I can relate a tiny bit to some of your experience but the rest - I'm truly appalled.

• garybuss
    garybuss

You wrote: "GaryBuss, I can relate a tiny bit to some of your experience but the rest - I'm truly appalled."
    There's more. At the link below you can read how I watched my wife die from suffocation from refusing blood transfusions and chemo treatment for leukemia.

http://www.freeminds.org/buss/buss.htm

• Es
    Es

welcome to the board , so sorry that you have had to go through this...it suxs big time...know how you feel.

es

• Aiesha Harley
    Aiesha Harley

garybuss I'm completely stunned - I've always been kind of on the fence about the blood issue - obviously when i was still in 'the truth' i was against blood transfusions, when I was born apparently I needed a blood transfusion to save my life, some sort of blood disorder passed on by mum's antibodies or something - anyway, the folks refused (my mum was even strapped to her bed to stop her seeing me) but i lived. However, my two godsons were born 15 weeks premature and required several blood transfusions to stay alive and i totally support that.

Reading some of the stuff on your site has amazed and saddened me, how have you managed to keep a level head on those shoulders of yours?

• garybuss
    garybuss

Hi Aiesha, You wrote: "how have you managed to keep a level head on those shoulders of yours?"
    I have a gyro under my hat. :-)
    Seriously, many people think I'm not that level. The Witnesses think I'm demon possessed:-) The world at large doesn't understand our experience.
    On perspective, I'm not sure what was worse, the 30 years in the group, or the 18 years I spent as a believing walkaway. The best two years of my life has been the last two years I got to spend with my grandson. I hope there are many more.

• TallTexan
    TallTexan

Gary,

Although your story is sad, we all know how unfortunately common it is. I applaud you for your ability to overcome it and to make the choice to do what makes you happy. Not everyone has that kind of inner fortitude. I'm fortunate that I haven't had to deal with that - well, at least not from my parents - friends and other family though is another story.

Nice to know how they label apostates as those 'hating their brothers' and 'beating their fellow slaves' - as usual with the Witnesses, everything they do is justified, while the rest of us are always in the wrong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit